Got this interesting email:

Quote:
Hi,

The domain tifreakware.com has recently become available for us so we are offering it to you, because you are the owner of its .net version.

Domain Recovery System is intended to assist our clients with their promotion on the Internet. We use many methods to increase the effectiveness of a client's presence on the Web. Securing .com domains for anyone using another extension for their site is one of them.

There are several reasons why owning a .com is of great importance for any domain holder:
- It's in the essence of Internet: .com is most popular and widely used, and the typical user usually supposes that he/she will find you at tifreakware.com. A lot of companies and organizations who use other extensions as primary (.net for Web services or private sites, .org for non-profit organizations etc.) are securing .coms not to lose the visitors who are seeking them there. With .com, you will be free to use both your .net and .com so you will only gain visitors.
- By owning the .com, you will be sure to stay #1 in your own name space.

If you are interested in this domain, please act quickly, as we soon intend to bring it to the auction where the acquisition cost will be higher than now.

Please use the link below to discover the current cost of the domain, read more about the advantages of owning a .com and get information on the details of the purchase and domain transfer procedure:

Secure tifreakware.com now!

Please click here if you wish to unsubscribe from this email.

Best regards,
Dan Johnson
Domain Recovery System
mailto: dan@domainrecoverysystem.com

They want $99 for me to secure it XD

Oh wait, if I really wanted it, I have one more domain through 1and1 I could register. =p Wouldn't they be shocked if I just did that and didn't buy it from them XD
*registers "Tifreakware.com" before tifreak can*

I always knew that 1and1's two-free-domains-with-package deal would come in handy Very Happy

Just Joking
lol

I am considering it, just not 100% sure if I care enough or not. XD
Hahah. Why waste your free domain on securing more visitors when you can use it to register something better like "TifreakIsPwnsome.com"? Razz
I was actually more considering registering pokemonpurple.net or something, once I get around to building some really good pages specific to pokemon. =p
That was my original idea but then "tifreakispwnsome.com" popped into my head Laughing
Anyway, that'd be pretty neat. You should do that Smile

All this talk of domain names is making me want to register another one ^^;
That would be extremely awesome, although it would make me slightly worry about their lawyers and if they might decide to claim the copyright. I remember the fuss that happened with the Monopoly game for the TI-83+ and wouldn't want something like that to happen to you. Sad I like tifreakware.com too, though...
ooops ><

I forgot to reply to this.. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, yeah, I dunno.. I mean, pokemon purple has been around for a long time now, if they were really worried about it, don't you think they would have sent me a message telling me to stop by now? I mean, they hammered a user of Omnimaga for releasing a screenshot for a Golden Sun game. I think he got the email within just a couple days of it, telling him to stop production and delete everything, or he would have to rename it all to keep the game.

So yeah, hopefully I am safe and clear. Especially after the feature on digg and they did nothing. =p
Here's a way you could attempt to get around the copyright:

Pocketmonsterspurplecolored.com <-----This one isn't too bad.

or....
go with something origional like:

TIFreaky.com <----------------------------I like this one. 0x5
You know, I just realized how much less annoying you got by stopping Capitalizing Every Single Word You Typed. Smile Don't start it again by <------------ pointing to everything. Very Happy

Although TIFreaky is moderately entertaining and certainly good for a few laughs, I don't know if it quite projects the wholesome image of calculator expertise TIFreak8x is aiming for.
Okay, notes to self:

::Don't capitalize every word.
::Don't point to everything.

Anything else?
Svakk wrote:
Okay, notes to self:

::Don't capitalize every word.
::Don't point to everything.

Anything else?
Nah, that's about it, your netiquette is getting quite admirable. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Nah, that's about it, your netiquette is getting quite admirable.

Very Happy