looks like my 83+SE might be becoming usable again! =D

After messing with it some more tonight, I have FINALLY got one of the other 3 83+s I own to send its OS to it, at 60% right now..

Guess I will find out soon enough if it is stable..

Edit:

HA!!

Calc has been revived! and the greatest part is, the Archive memory is still intact! ^_^ That means I haven't lost so much data now, bwhahahaha
tifreak8x wrote:
looks like my 83+SE might be becoming usable again! =D

After messing with it some more tonight, I have FINALLY got one of the other 3 83+s I own to send its OS to it, at 60% right now..

Guess I will find out soon enough if it is stable..
Hurrah! That's the one that landed in the puddle? When I read the topic title I thought you were talking about a more general revival, like of the whole community.
yes, the one in the puddle ^_^

It shows the correct amount of RAM, ROM and has all the programs I had in Archive still on it, even after uploading an OS from another calc. I was seriously expecting it to be flashed clean.
tifreak8x wrote:
yes, the one in the puddle ^_^

It shows the correct amount of RAM, ROM and has all the programs I had in Archive still on it, even after uploading an OS from another calc. I was seriously expecting it to be flashed clean.
Congrats, that's awesome. How much stuff did you fail to lose? A lot of work?
I.. I don't know yet. I have to go through and write down all the programs that is still there, and compare to what I should have, and go from there. Hopefully 10 or less programs was lost, which means very little work because most was kept in flash, so yeah =] Tis good news for me ^_^
tifreak8x wrote:
I.. I don't know yet. I have to go through and write down all the programs that is still there, and compare to what I should have, and go from there. Hopefully 10 or less programs was lost, which means very little work because most was kept in flash, so yeah =] Tis good news for me ^_^
Awesome. But if you had failed to recover the Flash, then how much work would you have to do to make up to where you are now?
Would require me going through each program again and updating the code to fit the changes I had made before the failure. Quite a few hours worth of work.
tifreak8x wrote:
Would require me going through each program again and updating the code to fit the changes I had made before the failure. Quite a few hours worth of work.
Good to hear then, I hope this means we'll see some of your epic projects even sooner. Smile
This just means that this isn't setting me back as far with pokemon.

I still have NO clue what is wrong with AOD for the 83+.. =[ It makes no sense why it isn't working.
Just to pull an epic necro on this topic, you still haven't figured out the annoyingly-longstanding AoD problem, right? Sad