It starts tomorrow; anyone going? (BTW for those who don't already know E3 is public again this year Very Happy)

Also, I'll be posting info and epic trailers for new games as they are released at E3. Here's a new Assassin's Creed II trailer that is *AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!*

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14302493/assassins-creed-2/videos/rewindtheater_spc_AC2_041709.html
Sweet I want to see more about this mario game they were talking about.
How about some details? Tomorrow until when? What city is it being held in?
Is Assassin's Creed 2 going to be as lame as the first one? That game kicked ass for about 2 days, then got ridiculously repetitive.
KermMartian wrote:
How about some details? Tomorrow until when? What city is it being held in?

Srsly? Everyone knows what E3 is, when it is and where it's held. For everyone else it's a MASSIVE gaming expo held every year in the Los Angeles Convention Center; this year it's open to the public again and it runs from June 2nd to 4th.

foamy3 wrote:
Is Assassin's Creed 2 going to be as lame as the first one? That game kicked ass for about 2 days, then got ridiculously repetitive.

It only takes 2 days to beat; you must've been doing it wrong.
Lots of stuff happening today; Microsoft showed off live demos of its new "Project Natal" (basically EyeToy for the 360), Assassin's Creed 2 has a release date (11/17/09), Red Steel 2 will be bundled with MotionPlus (updated Wii-mote add-on to increase movement tracking and sensitivity), some stuff about Halo, and Metal Gear Solid: Rising and Crysis 2 were announced.
Lots of stuff happened at Nintendo's briefing today; Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy are coming to Wii (Sony is so screwed now), New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M are also coming out this year for the Wii.
You're forgetting one, Dev'r, and the best one at that! Golden Sun DS Very Happy

Nintendo just made my day by announcing a third game in the Golden Sun series.
KeithJohansen wrote:
You're forgetting one, Dev'r, and the best one at that! Golden Sun DS Very Happy

Nintendo just made my day by announcing a third game in the Golden Sun series.

I left out the unimportant ones Razz
To you, maybe, but hundreds of people worldwide cheered when Reggie Fils-aime took the stage and announced Golden Sun DS. Golden Sun may not be as well-known as other games but it's a hidden jewel amongst all the dull rocks. Besides, they could have announced "Mario and Sonic at the Special Olympics" Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
To you, maybe, but hundreds of people worldwide cheered when Reggie Fils-aime took the stage and announced Golden Sun DS. Golden Sun may not be as well-known as other games but it's a hidden jewel amongst all the dull rocks. Besides, they could have announced "Mario and Sonic at the Special Olympics" Razz

Actually they did announce Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics Wink
Nevermind, then. Laughing
Anyway, I'm looking forward to all of the potentially great games announced at E3, especially GSDS and Halo: Reach.

Also, the PSP Go looks kind of sweet. It's a bit of an odd design but I'm starting to take a liking to it.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Nevermind, then. 0x5
Anyway, I'm looking forward to all of the potentially great games announced at E3, especially GSDS and Halo: Reach.

Also, the PSP Go looks kind of sweet. It's a bit of an odd design but I'm starting to take a liking to it.

$249 is a terrible price though; apparently Sony hasn't figured out that no one's going to buy their shit if it's much more expensive than their competitors' products.
I'm rather surprised no one has mentioned Left 4 Dead 2 yet. I'm not entirely what to think of it just yet, but it at least looks to be more of the same good fun.
Oh wow; Square Enix has just announced Final Fantasy XiV will be released in 2010 (if we're lucky FFXIII will be released by then...)
The Tari wrote:
I'm rather surprised no one has mentioned Left 4 Dead 2 yet. I'm not entirely what to think of it just yet, but it at least looks to be more of the same good fun.

I'm not really sure I like the idea of L4D 2. Look at TF2, Valve has been adding tons and tons of stuff to it - new packs, etc... all for free. L4D got like nothing extra, and now they want to charge for something Valve traditionally released for free in a patch? Someone on another forum suggested that it was likely due to MS wanting another console exclusive, which makes sense. Stupid consoles dragging down the PC...

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
"Project Natal" (basically EyeToy for the 360)

You really can't compare the web cam that was EyeToy and Natal (at least what Natal is going to attempt). The two are so very different. Natal was actually designed to leapfrog the motion sensing of the Wii, or so I heard. From the previews I've read, it is apparently really good.

Anyway, here is a video of it:

Also, bonus points for referencing Chuck Norris Wink
Whoa, that looks like some amazing image processing they have going on. Impressive.
MS has placed a lot of hype behind Natal but I don't think it will deliver. Sony had a lot of hype behind the EyeToy and it didn't quite deliver. The truth about "web cams" as video game accessories is quite silly.

But yet, I have both the EyeToy and the PlayStationEye (because PS2 games won't recognize the PlayStationEye and PS3 games with EyeToy, sadly)

Even though the PS3 & 360 are basically super-computers live-video processing & background subtraction are still quite hard. In the Natal video, the [white] girl was driving a car while wearing a yellow shirt. Any video-processing software (even image processing software such as PhotoShop) will have problems distinguishing the difference between the two, almost identical colours; though CS4 now looks at colours rather than/as well as grey scale.

Face & Limb tracking is possible. I have EyeToy: Operation Spy and I have to say, the game sucks during the day but rocks at night when the contrast between the foreground (me) and the background is sufficient enough.

The only thing that seems to differentiate Natal from the PlaystationEye is that Natal uses more than one camera. But whether they are both VGA or a higher resolution still seems to be unknown to me.

Natal will be a flop just like EyeToy & PlaystationEye are. The only real use you see PlaystationEye for your drivers license in BurnOut:Paradise and to slap your face or wrestlers and other in game characters these days.

Sure, PlaystationEye really made Eye of Judgement an over-hyped TCG for the PS3. It used sexy graphical overlays ontop of the cards and the animation was beautiful but the graphics lagged compared to the demonstration videos.
comicIDIOT wrote:
MS has placed a lot of hype behind Natal but I don't think it will deliver. Sony had a lot of hype behind the EyeToy and it didn't quite deliver. The truth about "web cams" as video game accessories is quite silly.

But yet, I have both the EyeToy and the PlayStationEye (because PS2 games won't recognize the PlayStationEye and PS3 games with EyeToy, sadly)

Even though the PS3 & 360 are basically super-computers live-video processing & background subtraction are still quite hard. In the Natal video, the [white] girl was driving a car while wearing a yellow shirt. Any video-processing software (even image processing software such as PhotoShop) will have problems distinguishing the difference between the two, almost identical colours; though CS4 now looks at colours rather than/as well as grey scale.

Face & Limb tracking is possible. I have EyeToy: Operation Spy and I have to say, the game sucks during the day but rocks at night when the contrast between the foreground (me) and the background is sufficient enough.

The only thing that seems to differentiate Natal from the PlaystationEye is that Natal uses more than one camera. But whether they are both VGA or a higher resolution still seems to be unknown to me.

Natal will be a flop just like EyeToy & PlaystationEye are. The only real use you see PlaystationEye for your drivers license in BurnOut:Paradise and to slap your face or wrestlers and other in game characters these days.

Sure, PlaystationEye really made Eye of Judgement an over-hyped TCG for the PS3. It used sexy graphical overlays ontop of the cards and the animation was beautiful but the graphics lagged compared to the demonstration videos.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.
Natal provides an image for regular image processing and a depth buffer (ZCam, fed from a special IR sensor). From what I've heard from people who've worked with ZCam it's an impressive system and works very well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours