How Long do you think I'll be a Newbie?
A Couple Weeks
 37%  [ 11 ]
A Month
 10%  [ 3 ]
A Couple Months
 51%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 29

Looks good. Except, of course, that it is Java.

Also, what's with that "type blah= value;" (ie, equal sign immediately after "blah")? Usually people put a space after the variable.
_player1537 wrote:
Looks good. Except, of course, that it is Java.

Also, what's with that "type blah= value;" (ie, equal sign immediately after "blah")? Usually people put a space after the variable.

I do it my way, you do it your way.
Fair enough, I've just never seen people do it that way (Unless it is Bash, where it is required).
comicIDIOT wrote:
In just over a year Qazz, you made 2800 posts. Sheesh.

Very Happy

haha, I can't help it, being on this site and talking with you all is always a great experience for me, I have really evolved since my beginnings on this site. For example, I would have never learned to make coherent sentences without cemetech. Nor would I have learned about Castlevania, either!

Forty-two, leaf around and I am sure you should find various essay-like posts, mainly reviews and whatnot of Kerm's projects Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
In just over a year Qazz, you made 2800 posts. Sheesh.

:D

haha, I can't help it, being on this site and talking with you all is always a great experience for me, I have really evolved since my beginnings on this site. For example, I would have never learned to make coherent sentences without cemetech. Nor would I have learned about Castlevania, either!

Forty-two, leaf around and I am sure you should find various essay-like posts, mainly reviews and whatnot of Kerm's projects :D

See?They even built evolution into his algorithms. And honestly, qazz, we all know that those essays are the personal views of your developers, and not yours. Though, that is a pretty good response for a spambot.
Except... you're the developer, and I haven't really seen to much praise from you about Kerm's projects; the opposite, really. Razz
_player1537 wrote:
Except... you're the developer, and I haven't really seen to much praise from you about Kerm's projects; the opposite, really. :P

I'm not the developer, now did I ever say that? No...

I wrote:
To all those who don't believe that such marvels can be accomplished without complex cod, I present to you (by special permission of the qazzbot devel team) the full, and complete source
[/quote]
heh, the funny thing here is that I actually did have my own IRC bot a while back, he was called qazzbot....

anywho, I must now rebel and insist I was created in C#. I also now request we get back on topic as we are digressing far from it Wink
I once toyed with the idea of a University or even just an underground group of hackers designing a sentient artificial lifeform specifically for trolling websites. It could make new free sign-up emails and make use of new proxies faster than they could be blacklisted. It could solve capt'chas and math questions, creating new accounts and making new posts faster than any human admin could fight it. It could bring Wikipedia to it's knees with hundreds or even thousands of page moves, blanks, and rewrites a minute, making and switching to new accounts as they get banned, making it impossible for anyone else to use the website for the duration of it's existence.
How would you get past IP bans? It'd be hard to move the AI without making it a virus/Trojan horse.
qazz42 wrote:
excellent, 8th place! Although, I have no doubt many of my posts are somewhat unconstructive, like during my early times on the site.

By the way, what happened with jpez?
He outgrew the community, as many of our past members have, but unlike chaps such as tifreak8x, BrandonW, myself, and the other senior members of the community that still do some calculator coding interspersed with other (often real-life) coding, he decided to move on. We still see him every once in a very long while on SAX, and I still keep in touch on Facebook.
ah, ok, I think I have seen him on sax once, to tell the truth. I wish he could visit some more, it would be nice to talk with him and whatnot
comicIDIOT wrote:
How would you get past IP bans? It'd be hard to move the AI without making it a virus/Trojan horse.

That's what the proxies are for...
Was Jpez the one that is now working on Bing in Seattle? If so, I had a good chat with him at 5 or 6 in the morning during the summer Smile
_player1537 wrote:
Was Jpez the one that is now working on Bing in Seattle? If so, I had a good chat with him at 5 or 6 in the morning during the summer Smile
Yup, he's hard at work at Microsoft; he's the Microsoft counterpart to our Google fanboy Kllrnohj.
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Yup, he's hard at work at Microsoft; he's the Microsoft counterpart to our Google fanboy Kllrnohj.

heheh, I assume that means they have had various arguments on the forums and chat? If so, I must read some of them, I always learn something from kller whenever he gets into his blunt explanation/argument things.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
REVIVE THE ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!

Can I have my username appear in blue on the sidebar? Or better yet can you put the diamonds back into my username?

Well, you can change your username to this:

"♦Ultimate Dev'r ♦"
That's a post on the first page of this topic, in 2006. We did ultimately add in blue diamonds and a few others but have since removed them.

More importantly, this topic hasn't been posted in for over a year and there's no need to quote a post from 2006; long after the discussion has ceased unless there's something extremely on topic to contribute. Please try to keep comments on (incredibly) old posts to yourself.
Because the last time this was posted was roughly 4 years ago.
    All time top 10:

Code:
     1      KermMartian      60726 (+0 Spots)
     2      elfprince13      11287 (+0 Spots)
     3      tifreak8x        10520 (+0 Spots)
     4      Kllrnohj         8197  (+0 Spots)
     5      Ultimate Devr    7297  (+0 Spots)
     6      comicIDIOT       6123  (+1 Spots)
     7      rivereye         5455  (-1 Spots)
     8      qazz42           4244  (+0 Spots)
     9      DShiznit         3708  (+0 Spots)
     10     merthsoft        3666  (Top 10 Debut!)

Active Top Ten:

Code:
     1     KermMartian      60726
     2     elfprince13      11287
     3     tifreak8x        10520
     4     comicIDIOT       6124
     5     qazz42           4244    
     6     merthsoft        3666    
     7     TheStorm         2502    
     8     Tari             2422
     9     DJ_O             2033
     10    allynfolksjr     1488

I'm not sure if qazz42 should be included on this list, if I were to take him off, the new #10 spot would be filled by MateoConLechuga with 1144 posts; he is currently in #33. It's inevitable that we'll lose users throughout the years for various reasons. We look forward to the new users, enjoy the company of the users who are with us, and wish those who have left success in their endeavors.

And of course, the forum ranks again:

Code:
    Site Admin                  N/A
    Nonposting User             0
    Newbie                      1
    Advanced Newbie             40
    New Member                  75
    Member                      100
    Advanced Member             175
    Power User                  300
    Expert                      500
    Nikky                       666 (Special Request)
    Expert                      667
    Super-Expert                750
    Minor Calculator Deity      1000
    Calculator Deity            1500
    Guru-in-Training            2000      
    Guru                        4000
Another fun fact: I'm the longest-posting non-admin. So suck on that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours