Having tried out all the asm games for the 83+, I finally decided to check out the BASIC ones. So, I went to ticalc.org, about to downlaod the Zelda (Dark Link's Quest), when I noticed that it dissapeared!!!!
I then tried to download it from UnitedTI but the zipped file had problems with extracting correctly. Finally, I managed to downlaod the file from a french calc database. But Sad it hadn't the TI Connect fix and so I had lots of trouble putting it on my calc. I finally succeeded, but when I launched the game a "ERR:UNDEFINED" message greeted me with a malovelent stare (or was it just because a trick of the eye?).

So I came here to ask if anyone knows why the file dissapeared from ticalc.org and if someone can send me this file?

Thx.
Kevin had it removed. I have a copy, I think. never got it to extract properly though.
Do you know why he removed it?
Neutral because its what he does when he gets upset.
elfprince13 wrote:
Neutral because its what he does when he gets upset.
Sadly true. Sad And forums, etc.
Upset? But why?
You may be able to find them at omnimaga.org (his old site) or other ti games sites. For a while I believe he still had them on his site but IDK if they still are. If you poke around you may find them.
ZagorNBK wrote:
Upset? But why?

He's emo, he doesn't need a reason. Its like an 8 year old throwing a temper tantrum, only instead of kicking and screaming he takes his sites and files down.
Some people are very odd...
Nice, I completly missed this thread the last time I visited here. I am glad my account is finally working again because I wanted to have my say without having to post it through SAXJAX from UnSS forums.

I guess things didn't change much around here. People take facts (in this case the deletion of my ticalc.org profile) and explain what happened in only one single sentence without any details besides the one(s) at the concerned person's (in this case, me) disadvantage. That way they make sure people think badly of that person so some people goes on with their defamation campaing, as most people doesn't bother getting both versions. As for those who choose libel, they are too afraid of directly telling the right person how they feel (who, in the current case, has all his online contact info scattered across the web, meaning, no matter if you get blocked or not, you would still tell it to the right person)

Also, if I remember correctly, this forum ownership advocate free speech, right? This mean this post won't get removed, right? I am askin because even though this topic is more than one month old, I am going to tell my version of why the file(s) got removed, seeing ZagorNBK is still active on Cemetech and I would like if both my version and Elfprince's single sentence one remained. I'm gonna keep a copy of my post in case.

In mid 2005, there was an increase in flaming in the TI community and activity was slowly decreasing in overall too. In order to prevent even more people from leaving for the same reasons (which happened with AlienCC during 3 years starting in 2000) I went on an anti-flaming campaing throught the community to try to solve conflicts faster and to stop people from being harrassed. At the same time I decided to start a TI forum with strict policy against such things. However, this was my first huge and biggest mistake in the community. First, I was alone with no one else help to do it, thus, it became a burden and failed with a lot of situations. Having a hot temper I got pissed off at the haters, which dragged down my reputation in the TI community everytime.

Having been in the TI community since September 2001, I can tell you the TI community has quite changed since mid 2005. there used to be an era where people would get lot of recognition and respect as they tried new things, calculator-wise, did things others didn't do before and got some of these things featured on ticalc.org front page (in this case, the first fully finished Zelda project in TI history and the second 83+SE grayscale game ever made are two examples among others). Their support on forums toward users projects to encourage them to continue TI programming (and going further than snake, tunnels, TI-OS menu games or arena-based RPGs à la Pokémon Stadium) was also grealy welcome and appeciated.

However, this era ended. Today, no matter how much you contributed to the TI community, no matter how many games you got featured, no matter if you devoted thousands of hours to the TI community doing games and running a community, archive/download site and TI news or even your contributions on forums, if you do not support trolling or flaming, you're out and if you try too hard to prevent it from happening or build a place where it doesn't happen, you are going to get haunted by these people until you leave the TI community for good. Contributions no longer matters, all that matter is if you're tough. If you're not, you're not gonna be respected by a lot of people and 80% of the TI community will betray you.

So in retaliation to this, I told myself that if all this conspiracy to get me to leave, to discourage any new sign ups on my website and to cause my own website members to betray/abandon me ended leaded to Omnimaga end, that I was going to take my files away too. So this is why since April 22nd 2008, my ticalc.org author profile is gone. It was supposed to go away around Jan 1st, but ticalc.org wouldn't awnser until I e-mailed a staff directly. And aside from some people in my IRC channel and my IM buddy list, few people got told. Basically, if I wasted 7 years of my life in a community to only get this happen in the end (the comments in this thread being an example), this is my awnser.

Now the files will only remain where they deserves to be, meaning the new Omnimaga site and the french z80 TI community. I will never contribute to the TI community as much as I did before. I will never contribute to any other community that much again either. I no longer produce stuff for other people, I only produce stuff when I feel like it. If one day I don't feel like being active in #omnimaga or posting on Omnimaga or if I don't feel like helping people then be it.

I've been in a game clan for a while and since almost one year I've been running another forum too anyway. Talking about this new forum, surprise! It's the only forum of it's kind, monopolizing an entire community, yet the only moderation that ever happened there was moving 2 topics in the right section and telling someone to not request warez. It didn't need to fragment to survive and fit everyone's need, like the TI community did.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours