So I saw this one yesterday and thought it was on par with the usual good quality I expect from Dr. Who episodes. The science was believable, the cinematography well-done, and the Mills' effects are as usual very professional. Basic premise, without revealing too much: the Doctor and Donna Noble (cf. Christmas Special 2006) are independently investigating Adipose Industries, who claim to have invented a perfectly safe, perfectly effective weight-loss pill. They discover that it's actually a front, surprise surprise, and hijinks ensue. It turns out that Donna is going to be this season's companion; for me the jury's still out on how that's going to be. Look for the cameo at the end that caught me completely by surprise. Anyone else seen this one yet?
I watched a whole ton of these last summer...but since tv-links has gone down, I haven't been able to see any. Where do you watch them because these shows are really good...
bittorrent. or wait until the 18th, Sci-Fi channel is picking it up for us Americans.

[edit]

Kerm: you notice how she disappeared as she walked off? also, I've heard interviews that though she will appear as a character this season "she doesn't have a single scene with David Tennant"
elfprince13 wrote:
bittorrent. or wait until the 18th, Sci-Fi channel is picking it up for us Americans.

[edit]

Kerm: you notice how she disappeared as she walked off? also, I've heard interviews that though she will appear as a character this season "she doesn't have a single scene with David Tennant"
I did notice that; [spoiler]I assumed it meant that her torchwood figured out how to do the supernova - open - spacetime - hole thing that the Doctor did.[/spoiler]
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

[edit]

I did notice that; [spoiler]I assumed it meant that her torchwood figured out how to do the supernova - open - spacetime - hole thing that the Doctor did.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]except she was leaning on the rail, so I don't think she was just an image. also http://www.sylvestermccoy.com/newdoctorwho/ Wink[/spoiler]
Aww... I have missed so much of this show... Sad

The last one I saw was the season finale.. where the Titanic crashed into the.. Tartarus? I don't remember how it was spelled... Neutral
tifreak8x wrote:
Aww... I have missed so much of this show... Sad

The last one I saw was the season finale.. where the Titanic crashed into the.. Tartarus? I don't remember how it was spelled... Neutral
Shock Blasphemer! Very Happy It's the TARDIS, the Time And Relative Dimension in Space. The Christmas 2007 Special, Voyage of the Damned, explains the whole Titanic thing
Pfft, I've gotten 3 episodes into series (or season if you prefer) 1. Don't insult him for being behind. Insult me!
The Tari wrote:
Pfft, I've gotten 3 episodes into series (or season if you prefer) 1. Don't insult him for being behind. Insult me!
Wow, you're so slow. Hurry up. Very Happy
he's lucky that he still has 30+ hours of doctor who, and almost as much torchwood to work through before he gets into the waiting phase.
elfprince13 wrote:
he's lucky that he still has 30+ hours of doctor who, and almost as much torchwood to work through before he gets into the waiting phase.
True indeed, although we could always go back and watch it again for the nth time. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
True indeed, although we could always go back and watch it again for the nth time. Razz

as I am in fact doing, and dragging the siblings along too this time.
Someone here want to share the wealth? Razz That is, if you have it in a format that can at least be played on the computer...

*needs to get caught up* Sad
tifreak8x wrote:
Someone here want to share the wealth? Razz That is, if you have it in a format that can at least be played on the computer...

Youtube (for slow internet) and Veoh Very Happy
Bittorrent in my case (eztv.it!).
tifreak8x wrote:

you still have dial-up, amirite? snail mail me a USB external harddrive (with lots of free GB)
elfprince13 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

you still have dial-up, amirite? snail mail me a USB external harddrive (with lots of free GB)
Hey, that's not a bad idea at all!

Edit: Let's see, say a 250GB HDD. Download time to fill would be (250*1024*1024)/(56*60*60) hours = 1300 hours = 54 days = 8 weeks. Yeah, you're better off mailing an HD to elfprince. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: Let's see, say a 250GB HDD. Download time to fill would be (250*1024*1024)/(56*60*60) hours = 1300 hours = 54 days = 8 weeks. Yeah, you're better off mailing an HD to elfprince. Very Happy

Except the Dr. Who seasons won't be anywhere close to 250GB Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Except the Dr. Who seasons won't be anywhere close to 250GB Rolling Eyes
Well, if you take into account Doctor Who (old and new), Torchwood, etc, I think it might get pretty big. Even if it's only about 100GB in total, that's still 3 weeks of continuous downloading on 56K, assuming you actually get the full 56K and 100% uptime.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, if you take into account Doctor Who (old and new), Torchwood, etc, I think it might get pretty big. Even if it's only about 100GB in total, that's still 3 weeks of continuous downloading on 56K, assuming you actually get the full 56K and 100% uptime.

Just the new Doctor Who would probably be about 18GB (13 (episodes per season) * 4 (seasons) * 350mb (I'm assuming these are an hour long or so))

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours