Programs:
  • MBR - Map Basic Map Render
  • MBG - Map Basic Sample Game
  • MBME - Map Basic Map Editor

Functions of the programs:
  • MBR - Renders the map stored in the Matrix [A] on the homescreen as well as setting the main variables.
  • MBG - A sample game that features gravity, and wall collision.
  • MBME - Allows you to edit the map on the fly. Enables you to set the start position, the end position, walls, and blank areas.

Its a neat little tool programmed all in BASIC (God knows I need to learn ASM already). It allows you to render a map stored in the matrix [A] and move your character around on the screen to the end point. Hopefully, in the next release(if this is even important enough for one Laughing) will have AI spots.

Run MBG to play, or MBME to edit the map. Do not open MBR, or you will get an error because the program ends with "Return".

When in MBG - You go from point A to point B, thats its. Use ^ to jump(most of the time you have to tap it multiple times to get a good height so you can move over onto the plat-form your jumping onto(its not very smooth >.>). Use > to move right of course, and < to move left. Use CLEAR to exit without getting to the end.

When in MBME - Move the # around to get on the spot on the map you wish to change. Hit DEL to clear that block, hit ALPHA to add a wall there, hit 2ND to scroll through the different symbols. The Pyramid looking symbol is the end point, and the | with the circle in the middle of it is the start point.

When in MBR - You don't use it, run MBG or MBME.

Download link:
http://72.48.165.172:8080/Downloads/tidata/MapBasic.zip
http://www.swivelgames.com/tidata/MapBasic.zip (UnReliable)

I'll have a mirror up in the Cemetech archive in a bit.
(Note to Kerm: last time I tried downloading from the Cemetech archive, it gave me a blank page.)
Strings>matrices Very Happy
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Strings>matrices Very Happy
Agreed, especially since they take up about one-ninth the space.
And output( is way faster then a for loop when displaying.
I went with matrices so I could do something similar to:

Output(A,B,[A](A,B)

You know?

Also, just updated the .zip at my homeserver.

Added [2nd] for jump. I'm getting a small error when I try to jump and my char is on line 2. Help me out please? ^^,

Thanks.
Can you post the relevant section of code? I would (probably correctly) assume that we're all too lazy to open the zip, run it through SourceCoder, and then find it ourselves.
swivelgames wrote:
I went with matrices so I could do something similar to:

Output(A,B,[A](A,B)

You know?

Also, just updated the .zip at my homeserver.

Added [2<sup>nd</sup>] for jump. I'm getting a small error when I try to jump and my char is on line 2. Help me out please? ^^,

Thanks.

with strings you can do

Output(1,1,sub(Str1,1,16)+sub(Str1,33,16)+...)
Yeah, heck, take a look at the RPGSK2, it is dynamic scrolling and such, though the character is kinda high up on the screen. Wouldn't be hard to move it though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours