Good idea. This is now Lunar IDE.

I was thinking that I would do just that.

Does anyone know how to insert blank lines using Celtic 2?
I meant that when running a Lunar DE prgm, mode would always quit Very Happy

You should also a system so that programs can check for the existance of other programs, and I dare say it, but a system that allows a programmer to limit sending programs. (You know the whole licensing/selling programs thing... Wink though I'm not sure its a good idea, if ur making a whole new platform, it would be fairly easy to add that )
The first thing is just convention, and I think the rest of it is not a great idea, because that would require additional pottentially non-BASIC components that would add bloat to Lunar DE programs.
rthprog wrote:
I meant that when running a Lunar DE prgm, mode would always quit Very Happy

You should also a system so that programs can check for the existance of other programs, and I dare say it, but a system that allows a programmer to limit sending programs. (You know the whole licensing/selling programs thing... Wink though I'm not sure its a good idea, if ur making a whole new platform, it would be fairly easy to add that )
There's already a key that will always quit out of a basic program - the On key! Very Happy Shoving code into programs made with Lunar DE in order to have the mode button quit would take up space, be annoying, make some programs not work, and it would be impossible to have it work everywhere, and inefficient to have to work in most places. Besides, this isn't a new platform or language, it's just a new editor for the same language.
Yeah, I'm going to have to say no to the [MODE] always quits.
This is just an editor, thats all. The only code injections that I'm going to add are the header helper and a "DONE" remover.

Well, in case your looking for one, I have a quick screenie for y'all:

I like it a lot, I think it is going to be the final version of the title screen.

Progress is going well overall. Auto-complete is completely working (bug-free) and the header helper is almost ready.

What I need help with is the scrolling line display. It appears that the only logical way to go about this is through an asm lib that scrolls the graph screen. The only ones I know of that do that are xLIB and Codex. I don't want to use xLIB because of the necessity to install that (especially if this is for beginning coders) and Codex scrolls literally one pixel at a time and goes really slowly, no matter how I format it. Does anyone know any other libs that provide the same function? Or could somebody who knows asm, write me a lib that does exactly what I want?

EDIT: Hey Kerm, could you change the topic title to "Lunar IDE"?
Done and done.
Does anyone know of an asm program which can copy the home screen to the graph? I think that this would be a good addition to do some cool effects to make the homescreen disappear and then display the title screen. Any ideas?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Does anyone know of an asm program which can copy the home screen to the graph? I think that this would be a good addition to do some cool effects to make the homescreen disappear and then display the title screen. Any ideas?
I don't believe there's an existing program to do that, although it would be relatively simple in assembly.
KermMartian wrote:

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I don't believe there's an existing program to do that, although it would be relatively simple in assembly.

Make it! I would love to use that kind of effect in my programs.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

How about this ?

Also, to create your own asm program to do it, all you need to do is loop through the data located at textshadow (I think) and then copy it to the graphscreen using built in b_calls. It should not be too hard.
b-flat: That program can only restore a previous homescreen to the current homescreen. It can't restore it to the graphscreen.
Let's just put this out there: I don't know asm, so if someone could make this and publish it in the cemetech archives, that would be awesome.

EDIT: I have decided that this will require xLIB, its so much easier on me. Also, I think I am going to juice it up and then make it into an app to make things easier. When you're writing programs you're not going to want to have your calc memory filled up with the editor.
I don't see a way to upload a program to the thread. If there is a way, please let me know. Otherwise, you'll have to type this program in by hand:
Code:
AsmPrgm
214093EF
7B4CFDCB
0386EF6A
48C9
As with all assembly code, the line breaks are there to help you type the code in. You don't have to make them if you don't want to. Also, I'd recommend that you run AsmComp(prgmA,prgmB), which will basically compress what you typed into prgmA in a new program called prgmB. Then, just run Asm(prgmB, or whatever you called it, and it should copy the contents of the homescreen to the graph screen so that you can do cool effects on it.

Let me know if there are any problems. As usual with assembly code, there are no guarantees, and it's possible your calculator will crash, so back up. But I've tested it, and it shouldn't crash. I hope. Razz
Hey, thanks! It works perfectly, no problems... I'm running out of in-program credit space... I'll have to have two pages or have it in the manual.

The program is almost ready for a release. Everything works perfectly, no bugs (or none that I have found). All that is left is splicing code from the icon generator, which I hate doing and a couple editting improvements.
I'm looking forward to the release! Very Happy
More screenies:

This program has temporarily been put offline. I want to work on my current RPG and release it for a friend for Christmas. (I happen to be Jewish but she is Christian so...)
Calc game for christmas? Wowee....
hey Zaphod, i was wondering if you could upload what you have so far of Lunar IDE. it would be interesting to see it in action on my calc.

@admins:i haven't been able to download a file from Cemetech for a while now. I click on the download link and all it does is opens a new page. No downloading ever occurs.
I am running on Mac OSX 10.4 with Safari as my browser.
Wow, turns out that countdown.php had just not uploaded properly. >.< Amazing. Anyway, file downloads are online once more.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours