KermMartian wrote:
Would work fine as far as I can see. It's like Simms' mentally challenged great-grandfather. Very Happy

Except I'm guessing it works a whole lot better than Simms' echo-back-what-you-said-and/or-repeat-the-same-thing functionality Razz
Ok so rthprog are in an epic battle of connect 4 AI's, I'll be taking bets on who's AI will win now Very Happy haha if anybody else has one, post it up Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
It sounds Like a cool idea almost like a Simms ai in ti basic, except better :p

Except it doesn't have any grasp of grammar, what the hell your actually saying, and it only uses a simple idea to give you associated ideas/objects/whatevers Razz

Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Would work fine as far as I can see. It's like Simms' mentally challenged great-grandfather. Very Happy

Except I'm guessing it works a whole lot better than Simms' echo-back-what-you-said-and/or-repeat-the-same-thing functionality Razz

Its an autistic savant! Laughing
Harq wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Except it doesn't have any grasp of grammar, what the hell your actually saying, and it only uses a simple idea to give you associated ideas/objects/whatevers Razz

Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Its an autistic savant! 0x5

I got the association idea from pandorabots... I would highly suggest looking at it.

And yes Grant, I'm re-coding my connect 4... my current method (which I've already explained to you) gets stuck in "loops" quite easily because it often dosent find any purpose to "cut", and so it keeps dynamically planning essentially the whole game...
rthprog wrote:
Harq wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Its an autistic savant! 0x5

I got the association idea from pandorabots... I would highly suggest looking at it.

And yes Grant, I'm re-coding my connect 4... my current method (which I've already explained to you) gets stuck in "loops" quite easily because it often dosent find any purpose to "cut", and so it keeps dynamically planning essentially the whole game...

Whoa its been a while but I kinda finished a rather good version of this (if I say so myself) that simply reads sentences, identifies "key words" and associates them under a tagging system. Then looking up any of these words brings up a list of related words! (it works by removing "common words" that are saved in a master list which can be edited by the user)

Thus by entering "As of today I can kick a soccer ball better than ever before" you would get a group of words "kick", "soccer"and "ball" that get tagged together so looking up the word "soccer" would result in "kick" and "ball". Of course it also gives the user the ability to remove words as it does make some mistakes...
That's fairly similar to the contextual method Simms employs, although due to the way I'm organizing its brain, it requires far more computations per output than is reasonable to give a coherent response.
KermMartian wrote:
That's fairly similar to the contextual method Simms employs, although due to the way I'm organizing its brain, it requires far more computations per output than is reasonable to give a coherent response.

How were you planning to generate a coherent response? Because in theory all a program can do is add to a statement or answer a question from a database....

hmm I'm wondering if its possible for it to pose a question to expand its knowledge base.....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours