..but coming back shortly. Tomorrow I leave for Germany for just under three weeks, so I probably won't be on at all, but I might be on once or twice, although I won't have my Graphing Calculator

Whee!
Awesome. I had a great time when I was over in Germany - hope you like it. What are you going over for, if anything? Family vacation? Class trip?

Just remember, its only 16 to drink beer, and they never check ID Smile.
It's a school exchange sort of thing, and that means they'll send me home (at my expense) if anyone finds out I was drinking, so that's not a very good idea.
Bah, that sucks. I was on a class trip and our teacher was cool with us drinking so long as we were 16 and had parental permission (which almost everyone had).
cool! have fun!
I am going to do German as a language just because it is cool =P

Actually I am also doing it because of the recent expansion in their tech sector Smile

Hope you have fun, my mom went there as a chaperone for the Memphis Youth Symphony, and she loved the beer, said it was the best part Laughing Still has the drinking team hat to...
Meh, I make bad enough decisions as it is. I see no point in starting to drink.
foamy3 wrote:
Meh, I make bad enough decisions as it is. I see no point in starting to drink.
Laughing Well put, foamy. I feel the exact same way.
I don't drink either... and it's not that I don't know people who'd buy me booze, it's that I work with alcoholics, and I have no desire to end up that way...
well, there is a thing called moderation, I know my dad likes a beer or two after work, and he is fine, just don't be like my one manager and get plastered all the time (yet he is never drunk at work).
The Tari wrote:
..but coming back shortly. Tomorrow I leave for Germany for just under three weeks, so I probably won't be on at all, but I might be on once or twice, although I won't have my Graphing Calculator

Whee!
You're abandoning LifOS for frivolous travel? Tsk tsk. Smile Enjoy your trip.
T-minus 6 hours and counting..

A bit of a side note, but my parents got me a digital camera (this and 2 GB memory card) as an early birthday present/have-a-camera present, and I proceeded to make a pretty cool looking (camo!) case out of some old pants.
Nice, have fun, take lots of pics because we all wan to see them.
Yes plz, lots of pics for the internetz... I always wanted to go to Germany, I signed up for a year long exchange, but got turned down after the interview... ah well.

Seriously, have a great trip... and learn to tell the difference between the hundreds of types of sausage Wink
alex10819 wrote:
Yes plz, lots of pics for the internetz... I always wanted to go to Germany, I signed up for a year long exchange, but got turned down after the interview... ah well.

One of the kids in my German class got to go on the year long exchange - missed his junior year - but he is now fluent in German, so I guess it paid off Very Happy.

Quote:
Seriously, have a great trip... and learn to tell the difference between the hundreds of types of sausage Wink

*ahem*, I think you mean the hundreds of types of Wurst Razz.
Have a good trip. Smile

I went to Germany before, and know a bit of German (because some of my relatives are Austrian).
Kllrnohj wrote:

*ahem*, I think you mean the hundreds of types of Wurst Razz.
<Insert horribly corny "Which one is the wurst?" joke here.> Very Happy
Daang, that was a long flight. Chicago (O'Hare) direct to Frankfurt on Air India. I guess all I need to say is, I sat in one place on the plane for 10 hours, due to some inclement weather, and I didn't leave my seat once. Food was good, though, and I don't feel jet-lagged, so yayz.

And this keyboard is a little strange. Z is switched with where Y is on an American QWERTY keyboard, the left shift is very small, and to type ', I need to press shift+#.
Funky. *Checks off Germany as country with weird keyboard*

Have a good trip! Smile
The Tari wrote:
Daang, that was a long flight. Chicago (O'Hare) direct to Frankfurt on Air India. I guess all I need to say is, I sat in one place on the plane for 10 hours, due to some inclement weather, and I didn't leave my seat once. Food was good, though, and I don't feel jet-lagged, so yayz.

And this keyboard is a little strange. Z is switched with where Y is on an American QWERTY keyboard, the left shift is very small, and to type ', I need to press shift+#.
You could always just pull some keyboard-remapping-fu on them; I doubt anyone would mind. Evil or Very Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours