hey, my friend is having really bizzarre symptoms
there has been battery acid leaks (minimal) and when the calc turns on, the pixelage is way out of wack. you cannot see anything correctly.
is it a possibility that the OS is messed up? should she re-install it? i tried turning it on just a while ago, but it ont anymore..
I've never seen anuthing like it.
sorry i dont have a screenshot.
i would really like some feedback before she throws it away.
thanks, Clem
Well, first, replace the batteries, tell us if that changes anything, and see if TI-Connect will talk to it.

And if she wants to throw it away, get her to give it to you! You might be able to fix it for yourself Wink
already tried the batteries. nothing happens. right now i dont have access to tilp or ti-connect. i'm not sure she has either anyways...poo
Get her to come here so we can diagnose the problem in person - it would be easier.
You just want a girl on the forum.
<10 posts later> Sorry guys, I just had to delete that veritable fountain of idiocy.
hey, no problemo

[edit] but like i said, i can just ask her the basic questions [edit]
[edit to next post] yes i understand, that the reason i edited it
clementop wrote:
hey, no problemo

I'd delete this (before the edit), but I want to underscore the point I'm making here: three word posts are NOT constructive and NOT ok.
I think its a great idea that you deleted the posts anyway they were getting a little off topic...( Razz Laughing ) mostly from me.

[EDIT] And I do not know any chicks interested in calcs at all.
KermMartian wrote:
<10 posts later> Sorry guys, I just had to delete that veritable fountain of idiocy.

haha, I love that (yay! this was a 4 word post Razz ) - and thanks for mentioning the '10 posts later' part, otherwise I would have been seriously confused Very Happy
Yeah, I had to do some serious deletion after Mexi and Clementop rampaged through the topic.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I had to do some serious deletion after Mexi and Clementop rampaged through the topic.

Don't forget me Razz
So, to keep from going off-topic, does anybody have a solution or reason for this happening? I'll draw an example on paint and post it up later. BTW, the battery acid damage was very minimal however, it can still be a possible starting point.
Even with minimal battery acid, the contacts can get corroded and provide insufficient conductance. Try sanding the battery contacts until they're shiny.
OK, i'll try that.
I don't think i'll be able to get a screenshot going with paint. It's too difficult to draw. the only thing i can say is

-random points on the display
-partly see when [2nd] or [ALPHA] are pushed
-when you press [graph] the graph screen comes a bit to the left. (as if it were in G/T mode)
-Contrast level does not change
-only turns off when batteries are removed
-wont turn on much when replaced

That's all i have for now. Any ideas beside battery corrosion?
Shock Those symptoms sound like significant damage to the data bus (LCD and keyboard problems), but that's inconsistent with the amount of damage you're reporting.
OK. I understand that i'm not giving as much info as i can. On Monday at school, i will talk to my friend to see if there is any other damage. I will also ask her to borrow it to check the interior. I forgot to add how the LCD has a dark circle near the bottom left as if it had been magnetized.
You can't magnetize an LCD, only the aperture grille on a CRT. On an LCD, the only thing you can do is cause pressure or puncture damage that causes a circular or blob-shaped dark/distorted spot, similar to when you press your finger on the LCD briefly.
KermMartian wrote:
...On an LCD, the only thing you can do is cause pressure or puncture damage that causes a circular or blob-shaped dark/distorted spot, similar to when you press your finger on the LCD briefly.

Like so:

Posted this image before. The blotch may be hard to see, but its there, and permament.

This is pretty scary mate... Hope this ends up okay! Wink
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
...On an LCD, the only thing you can do is cause pressure or puncture damage that causes a circular or blob-shaped dark/distorted spot, similar to when you press your finger on the LCD briefly.

Like so:

Posted this image before. The blotch may be hard to see, but its there, and permament.

This is pretty scary mate... Hope this ends up okay! Wink
Yup, I rememeber when you posted that. Clementop, is that the kind of thing you mean? A photograph or video would help a lot.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours