holy shat, the bar just got raised.

http://ti.zewaren.net/
And he's only been working on it for a month...
Agh, SourceCoder can't compete with that!
Well, it doesn't have optimization (as far as I can see), or emulation. What it does seem to have is that it encompasses everything. Kerm, perhaps you should approach the creator and see if you two could create a joint one combining the program editor of SourceCoder with all the conversion stuff in his. Or you could forfeit your monopoly and let competition force both SourceCoder and this to even higher levels. Very Happy
Chipmaster wrote:
Well, it doesn't have optimization (as far as I can see), or emulation. What it does seem to have is that it encompasses everything. Kerm, perhaps you should approach the creator and see if you two could create a joint one combining the program editor of SourceCoder with all the conversion stuff in his. Or you could forfeit your monopoly and let competition force both SourceCoder and this to even higher levels. Very Happy

I agree, and something tells me that that site would win simply because of a lack of time to work on Sourcecoder.
Wow, that is awesome. I agree with Chipmaster.
that is true, either they need to time up, or one could abandon, or Kerm could recruit members to help with SC.
Uummm, ok, everyone hold up and stop hating on SourceCoder. That site lacks three fundamental things that sourcecoder has:

1. storage and online editing in a functional IDE
2. ability to share and collaborate on projects
3. ability to open, edit, and recreate files in a single session

And yes, if you were trying to make a full-fledged shell at the same time, would you have time to compete with that?? Anyone who wants to help me use 48 hours out of every day, step right up. And anyone who wants to help me make some progress on SC2 while I'm managing a million other projects plus actually trying to not fail out of the most rigorous engineering school in the nation and pay NYC rent on $7/hour, I would really appreciate that.

Hmm, this came out really pissy. Oh well, it's been a rough day, especially since someone tried to hack the site earlier.
I can only speak for myself, but I never said that this new site was superior to SourceCoder. I mentioned that it had certain features (namely how many conversions it can do) that SourceCoder lacked.

We all realize the enourmous amount of work you do, and I have always been amazed at how much you can accomplish. You must understand that with this hero status, people forget that you're only human.

To either pay attention to this new threat or cast it off is entirely your decision. I think we were hoping that you would look into a combination like you did with Brazucs that ultimately bettered the project. Perhaps that's a pipe-dream in this case as I have little idea of the immense work it would require.
Chipmaster wrote:
I can only speak for myself, but I never said that this new site was superior to SourceCoder. I mentioned that it had certain features (namely how many conversions it can do) that SourceCoder lacked.

We all realize the enourmous amount of work you do, and I have always been amazed at how much you can accomplish. You must understand that with this hero status, people forget that you're only human.

To either pay attention to this new threat or cast it off is entirely your decision. I think we were hoping that you would look into a combination like you did with Brazucs that ultimately bettered the project. Perhaps that's a pipe-dream in this case as I have little idea of the immense work it would require.
Thanks, you honestly made my day with that last post. Smile I think that if I could get some of you guys, skilled with PHP and even those who aren't, I'd love to get you involved in the project. I have a lot of stuff on paper to be done that's mostly rote copying / translation / whatever. Someone good with javascript might be needed to help finish that virtual calc, and anyone who is halfway literate would be invaluable doing token tables for the other calcs. Anyone interested?
*Raises hand*...*Puts back down* I'd love to help - and maybe I still can - but I don't really fall into any of those categories. I don't know any php. I don't know javascript (however I'm taking a class in it this upcoming fall so I may be of some use in the future). Finally, the only calculator I own is a TI84+se. Unless I win the TIFreakware Contest, I'm probably no help in that category either.

Maybe I can start teaching myself php now. From what I've seen in the website forums, you'd be a great teacher.

For now, I guess I'll sit on the sidelines and cheer you on. Smile
Well, how about this. If you have some time, I'd love to coach you through the possibility of helping me figure out the TI-89 file format. If you'd be interested, I'll PM you details.
Its pretty much the same with me, I do not know PHP, but I am considering it... hmmm... I think i am actually going to go write myself a schuedule for once school starts =D (maybe 30-60 minutes a day to learning a language Wink ) .
So Harq, I've gotten Chipmaster started on the 89. Would you be interested in helping with 85 or 86? No programming knowledge necessary. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
So Harq, I've gotten Chipmaster started on the 89. Would you be interested in helping with 85 or 86? No programming knowledge necessary. Smile

Ok, I am kinda bored outta my mind right now (I really need to finish my summer reading...), so I would be happy to =D .
Awesomeness. Download this file and read up on TI-85 and/or TI-86 file formats and tokenization, if any. I'll give you details tomorrow once you finish that.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/247/24750.html
I can help where you may want it, I have an ok PHP knowledge, and if I am lost, I have two books right at my disposal to help. No Javascript though.
If I ever get around to putting basic coding facilities into T83, anyone who wants to borrow code/approach can. Unfortunately, I don't think python is of great use to anyone here, and I'll probably wind up borrowing from SC2 to get a jumpstart on the IDE thing
Kerm, I wouldn't mind helping with SC2 - hell, I already have a chunk of its source, too Wink
Awesome. Would you like to finish up the calculator input method in the editor?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours