Hello all,
I'm looking to be able to turn off the calculator (or at least the LCD) in the same way that the normal TI-OS does on a CE when you press 2nd+ON, using a C program. There is the boot_TurnOff() command but that actually turns it off instead of putting it in sleep mode (I guess that's what I mean).
Has anything like this been done before, and is there just an easy memory address I can write to or function I can call to turn off the LCD? Thanks in advance.
You can turn off the LCD but there is no way to turn off the calculator and have your program keep running.

The real question is why you want to do this.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You can turn off the LCD but there is no way to turn off the calculator and have your program keep running.

I guess it must be for some strange battery-saving scheme? I have no idea why the application would still be useful with the display turned off though.
HackerDaGreat57 wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I guess it must be for some strange battery-saving scheme? I have no idea why the application would still be useful with the display turned off though.

What are you talking about
MateoConLechuga wrote:
HackerDaGreat57 wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

What are you talking about

When you press 2nd+ON, it appears to turn off the calc. That's what I want to do. I'm making a shell right now that tries its best to replace the functions of the regular TI-OS (the spirit of it is sort of a "you'll never use TI-OS again" even though that's sort of unrealistic), including being able to power it off and power back on (amongst other things).
If you just want to turn off the LCD: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275208#275208

If you want to fully turn off the calculator, you will need to install a hook to restart your program when the calculator reboots.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
If you just want to turn off the LCD: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275208#275208

If you want to fully turn off the calculator, you will need to install a hook to restart your program when the calculator reboots.

Thanks! I think that's what I need.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours