uhm, the DCS editor is used to display the code without the program name being displayed, so you can view 8 lines of code instead of 7. why would we want a Pop-up (if that is even possible with a hook or whatever else).
new ideas:

-"open new window every time you click a folder" option.
-Editable and movable "busy" cursor
-Animated cursor?
-start screen from Win8, with openable Apps and options?
-back to the one line on the bottom of the program editor that'll display an error if there is one. could retract like the Start menu.
-simpler error messages (explanations like CSE?) Only if the previous option isn't doable. Could be an option, however.
-customizable scrollbar, start menu, and GUI (smaller icons?)
EDIT: how about a DCS for Casio Prizm, or HP Prime? not that they need them... but still...
Everything you list is basically impossible. There's already no space left in the DCS7 App. DCS7 can get larger, sure but it'll eat a fourth app page. Which, is unheard of and quite terrible; We got a lot of bad feedback when DCS7 was extended to 3 app pages and no app is usually bigger than 2.

If you need to know what app pages are... Well, Apps have a certain limit they have to adhere to. If you make an app, it will automatically be 16kb by nature of the TIOS. Whether it's really 1kb or 15.9, the TIOS sees it as 16kb. So, 4 app pages would cause DCS7 to reach 64kb. Read through that topic above though. We don't have any desire to do 4 pages.

Eightx84 wrote:
-start screen from Win8, with openable Apps and options?

I don't see this happening. The DCS Home Screen fits like 6 icons? The DCS Home Screen is already incredibly efficient. To name two, you have battery level, RAM/Archive space.

Eightx84 wrote:
EDIT: how about a DCS for Casio Prizm, or HP Prime? not that they need them... but still...

It's not going to happen. For one the HP Prime, there's no low-level language available to programmers and the Prizm supports Lua but I don't think it's powerful enough on the Prizm to run a shell off of.
What about HP BASIC?
I, for one, would like to see a Windows 7-style interface on DCS7.
Not possible, as grayscale can harm your calculator, and we wouldn't want to see that happening. Also, Aero requires Directx 9 or higher. And, as you can see, it's a PC graphics driver, not a calculator program/addon (yet.)
Can we at least try for something that LOOKS like Windows 7, with no grayscale?
Quote:
For one the HP Prime, there's no low-level language available to programmers

We're currently working on that!

Though the on cal-language is extremely powerful for most things Plus, you know, the 400 mhz processor.
no. They cannot create a Windows 7-like interface, unless you want 65536 bytes of archive taken up. However, considering you cannot send anything to your calc, you wouldn't be able to try it.

[quote="jetlego"]
Quote:
Though the on cal-language is extremely powerful for most things Plus, you know, the 400 mhz processor.

MC, there's your HP Prime power.
Eightx84 wrote:
Not possible, as grayscale can harm your calculator, and we wouldn't want to see that happening. Also, Aero requires Directx 9 or higher. And, as you can see, it's a PC graphics driver, not a calculator program/addon (yet.)

Grayscale can *not* harm your calculator. It just takes more battery power. What can harm the calculator screen is if you put it in test mode, resulting in blue (yes, blue) pixels showing up then leave the screen as is for 10 seconds or so.

If grayscale could harm the calculator, then people would have stopped making grayscale games a long time ago.
Is that supposed to make me sell my TI-Nspire CX CAS and make me get an HP Prime? And can shortcuts be added for the copying and pasting stuff? Ex. Copy=8, Paste=Del
Eightx84 wrote:
Not possible, as grayscale can harm your calculator,

Nope. Educate yourself.

http://www.omnimaga.org/general-calculator-help/greyscale-bad-for-ti-84-plusse-screen/?nowap

Quote:
Also, Aero requires Directx 9 or higher. And, as you can see, it's a PC graphics driver, not a calculator program/addon (yet.)

You are correct. But if you're taking him seriously to mimic Win7 and believe he wants Aero to be ported in full, you're going to have a bad time. DirectX will NEVER be ported to calculators, the hardware is incapable of running it.

Please educate yourselves before posting. Stop acting like incapable human beings that are "too cool" to search. If you don't know the answer don't pretend you do and don't post. Or, you can search and post with links and learn!
Consider this a warning on your behavior for you two.
Thank you, DJ_O! Eightx84 must have forgot that the TI-84 is in GREYSCALE. That's right, right?
It's just almost every grayscale game I've played, crashes. Even the tiniest bit.
How about all those calculator keys? You know, how 8 is key number 73. Couldn't that be used to created shortcuts?
MC Clap-yo-Handz wrote:
Thank you, DJ_O! Eightx84 must have forgot that the TI-84 is in GREYSCALE. That's right, right?
Nope. It's Monochrome. Grayscale is achieved by simply flashing pixels back and forth between black and white. The flicker effect is reduced by using checkerboards or interlacing.

As for grayscale games crashing, it's probably because you didn't install them properly or it was an unfinished game that still has bugs. Certain games also only work on specific calculator models. For example, Reuben Quest 1 will not run without modifications on certain TI-84 Plus calculators because they have fewer user RAM than the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition (under 24 KB even after a full reset and deleting L1-L6)
DJ_O wrote:
Certain games also only work on specific calculator models.

And if I'm not mistaken, certain versions of TIOS have bugs that can cause issues for these programs until the programs have been updated to work around any changes.
I have the latest. Unless 7.1 is real.
Eightx84 wrote:
I have the latest. Unless 7.1 is real.

TIOS ≠ DCS7.
No, the fake omnimaga OS.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 39 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours