For those of you who haven't gotten it yet, do so now.

it pwns.
What makes it better than 1.5?
what made 1.5 better than 1.0? bugfixes galore, and a hot new GUI.
did you have to reinstall your extensions or themes at all or not?
Does it fix the massive memory leak problems of 1.5?
I don't know about that yet, but we shall see. It kept my extensions and that, but 5 of them were not compatible with FF 2, but ah well, half my themes didn't work either.

Btw, spell checker ROCKS!!!
One of my extensions (TabMix+) was not compatible, but it seems to have some of the functionality of that extension built in, for example, session restoration on crash.
yeah, mine were Tab Browser Preferences (which some of the features are not in), Download Manager Tweak, Colorful Tabs (I liked that one), Tab X (not needed), and Update Notifier (does extensions and themes also).

My themes were iPox and FF Vista.
FF Vista? From what I've heard, that theme is terrible. I just got BlueQute, which goes extremely well with my current Windows theme.
It was a bad theme. I use Mostly Crystal on my desktop, and iPox on my lappy (that is going to suck losing its theme Sad)
I haven't downloaded Firefox and I highly doubt that I will in the future. Firefox is just now introducing features that Opera has had for months (if not years)--and IE7 looks to be a better backup browser than Firefox.
A better browser?! All they've done is stolen and made inferior existing and long-established features of Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, etc.
I've been using Bon Echo for a while now (because it came with EdgyEft). I love the google auto completion.
yeah, it a lot of my extensions didn't work, mostly specialty stuff I installed for doing security analysis on websites, and for actually testing security, probably wont needed it again for a while though, so Im set until they get out the 2.0 updates for them.
Chip, FF 2 now has some Google auto completion now
KermMartian wrote:
A better browser?! All they've done is stolen and made inferior existing and long-established features of Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Firefox has shamelessly ripped almost all of its features from Opera...
rivereye wrote:
Chip, FF 2 now has some Google auto completion now
Very Happy And it's friggin' sweet! It combines your own search history with an ajaxified suggestion thing for a sum of pwnsomeness.
rivereye wrote:

I know, I love that. I've been using the RCs since RC1, and thats my favorite feature by far Very Happy

@ally: Just shut up and quite trying to start a flame war
Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

I know, I love that. I've been using the RCs since RC1, and thats my favorite feature by far Very Happy

Spell check? Opera has had that since version 7.5 (when I first started using it a few years ago).
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Spell check? Opera has had that since version 7.5 (when I first started using it a few years ago).

Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours