» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
nah, still on topic with 3D, will stay.
Oh, B-flat, you're going with orthogonal 2D? A fascinating choice.
Yeah, I know, it isn't the best, but I did start the thing this summer, so I decided that it would be better that I finish it instead of going for 3D graphics (and I suck at making 3D graphics, so that is another reason Rolling Eyes )

Of course, I could redo the graphics in 3D after I release the beta (the rest of the people at Penguin Studios really want me to finish), so the next version will probably be 3D, especially if someone could draw a sample 3D sprite to help me get started on making 3D buildings.

Also, if I make a 3D version, I would definitely add U-Drive-IT missions, and possibly my Sim (not sims, that would be too complicated). Who knows what will become of it Very Happy
....or you could go with birds-eye-view orthagonal 2D. That would generally be my choice for this kind of game, but I guess designing the sprites might be a tad challenging.
would my entry be illegal if i used someone elses engine such as this one:

http://sicode.ticalc.org/files/83/b3dsdk.html
wow, that is a pretty nice engine =D

Nice idea to use a number to represent a pattern to render instead of just having the engine find the view based on the matrix (although it would not work for something like a maze program or something)

And for somereason I think they will want the 3d part to be all your own work.
all coding must be done by yourself, but we are open source approving, so you may use ideas of other peoples.
Yup, you may use techniques (for example, combining pieces of prerendered images), but you may not use actual blocks of code or images from other engines, games, or packages.
Bleh, someone found my calc at school and decided to clear it before giving it back to my teacher (why did I leave it somewhere?) so I have to start over on my 3D project (and everything else that was not in my RAM, or on my computer, or on my friends calc).

Not that I had much progress, but...

Can people still sign up? (i.e. if I tell a friend at school)
yeah, there is no "sign up" really, just be a posting member of Cemetech and turn in a project, you are then in the contest. After that, Kerm and I review each program, and decide who made the best one.
Indeed. All you really need to do is post a single post before 1/1/07 and submit your entry by the same date/.
so just announce that you are participating in this topic Razz

I have ironed out my engine (matrix, list, and string, which is really nice to have to save space, I can have huge maps if I want) now I am going to make a game using the string engine

Now if only SOMEONE would answer my question...
... and which question was that, precisely? Oh, and just a reminder, keep working on your Contest 3 entries!!
yes, please so, I want to be blown off of my feat in the new year.
I am pretty much done with one of my games based on the engine, now I might make another one, or improve some of the "generation" portion of the game Wink
*feet, Rivereye

Harq, superb, I hope they're as good as you say. Smile
I will say this, I plan on grading on the quality of graphics for this contest, not the game play of the game you give.
oh... But what about space? I didn't use pictures for that precise reason! Surprised

My game is done now, and I fixed my generation so it will not loop around anymore (you will see what I mean Wink )
that is a factor too (always is), but like I said, graphics over gameplay in this contest (where it usually is the opposite for me).
Oh yeah, what calculator will this be tested on?
My game (because of some of the things I added to it) takes like 1.5 seconds to render on a ti-83+. I will probably just send a render demo along to that lets you walk around without all the extra stuff used in the game Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours