» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I will use an 84+SE for all testing (and it will be hardware, not emulated). I do not know what Kerm will use though.
I'll emulate first, then try on a hardware TI-84+.
Remember everyone! The contest ends soon. I am going to finalize mine when exams are over >.< (22nd)
you still have a half of month to go though. Keep up the good work.
w00t, I started mine yesterday (I had forgotten about it)!

It is either going to be an RPG with awesomely cool menus, etc (that's the only part I have built) or a 3D driving game where you go over hills, etc.

The only problem with an RPG is that for it to be any good, it will have to be large, so I would either have to just submit a demo of the real thing, or not do it Surprised

I still need to figure out what in the world rendering does so I don't have to make a cheesy put the pics together game.

Due December 31, correct?
you can do a demo, as I am grading the 3D quality mostly. Please nothing cheesy though.
Well, I was exaggerating on the "cheesy" part...

I meant that the way the 3Dness was created would be by putting together various pics, which I don't think is how most real 3D games are built.

However, if I manage to figure out what rendering is, then I will use real 3D stuff.

The other thing I was considering was a 3D object rotator, but that would probably run too slowly.

I guess I will see what I can do with a racing/shooting game...

Would it be better to have a short game that was really, really 3D, or a longer game that was just 3D?

Hmm, new idea: 3D falldown/fall through a tunnel
True 3d rendering in Basic is crazy talk (at least at any reasonable speed...) I am using putting different routines together (saves space, pretty much the same as pics, but I have programs to draw each part, slightly slower but smaller =D)
Keep in mind that speed is only the second most important factor, while size is third. The most important factor in judging will be the graphics themselves, taking into account aesthetics, scaling/visibility on the 96x64 screen, and the generation method (put-pictures-together, wireframe / hidden, isometric / perspective, etc etc etc).
I think size should be second Razz

My walls for my rendering might not have all the textures, but it is very realistic (as in seeing past the walls and such)
Kerm, speak for yourself there. Looks will rank top (as this is), but I think speed and size should be on an even field here.
rivereye wrote:
Kerm, speak for yourself there. Looks will rank top (as this is), but I think speed and size should be on an even field here.
Ah, clarification. My ranking priority will be as stated above. Looks like Rivereye is choosing to do it differently.
What exaclty is the address for uploading the entry???
I have my entire project ready for ya Wink

I will send in everything (string engin, list engine, and matrix engine), but you only need to look at the string entry, it has a game and a rendering demo using it Wink

P.S. will you count off for groups again?
because each version has something lik 6-7 programs associated with it (although 5 of them are the same for all of them >.> )
Maybe you could seperate them into folders??
I will, but it still will get kinda cluttered on calc if you send them all Very Happy
I will just send the main entry and the others as secondary Wink
I might a little, as for some people, they can't handle groups. Have folders and groups, then you will be covered.

the email to send to is contest@(this sites domain).
Fallen Ghost wrote:
What exaclty is the address for uploading the entry???
contest@cemetech.net would be the thing you're looking for.
Edit: oops, he beat me to it. I too censored it with bold tags to avoid spambots.
Thanks! I'll send it when I finish it! (tomorrow I guess)
just as a heads up, I will not be able to grade these until I get my new calc, or my old one gets fixed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours