Hello, I'm trying to compile a folder of source code files with mostly C++ code into a .g3a file but can't figure out a way to do so.

It's a fork of the utilities addin for casio cg graphical calculators and I'm just adding features that help me personally.
I tried using the Prizm SDK available online on github but it seems to me it only works with single source code files.
My question basically is how do I go on about compiling a folder of source code files into a single .g3a file.

Here are some sources/links for context:
Original source code for the utilities add in: https://github.com/Torveq/utilities
The SDK I tried using: https://github.com/tswilliamson/PrizmSDK

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Prizming wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to compile a folder of source code files with mostly C++ code into a .g3a file but can't figure out a way to do so.

It's a fork of the utilities addin for casio cg graphical calculators and I'm just adding features that help me personally.
I tried using the Prizm SDK available online on github but it seems to me it only works with single source code files.
My question basically is how do I go on about compiling a folder of source code files into a single .g3a file.

Original source code for the utilities add in: https://github.com/Torveq/utilities

You should be able to enter the source code directory and then use make (or .\make if on Windows) to make the whole project. Does this work for you?
dr-carlos wrote:
Prizming wrote:

You should be able to enter the source code directory and then use ./make (or .\make if on Windows) to make the whole project. Does this work for you?

I tried that once more but it didn't work, realized I may need the .o and .d files for the "build" folder but I don't know how or from where to get these files. Do you know by any chance?
Prizming wrote:
dr-carlos wrote:
Prizming wrote:

You should be able to enter the source code directory and then use ./make (or .\make if on Windows) to make the whole project. Does this work for you?

I tried that once more but it didn't work, realized I may need the .o and .d files for the "build" folder but I don't know how or from where to get these files. Do you know by any chance?

That is interesting. What OS are you using?
When testing it on Linux, it works fine, except for coming up with some errors in the code.

Could you also post the output when you run make?

(Also note that I made a typo - it's make on linux and .\make on Windows)
I'm using windows and made sure I'm using the correct syntax for the .\make command but I still get this error message:

Code:
C:\Users\user\Downloads\PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2\PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2\projects\example>..\..\bin\make.exe
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/Users/user/Downloads/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/projects/example/src/versionProvider.cpp, ...) failed.
Makefile:31: pipe: No such file or directory
Makefile:13: C:/Users/user/Downloads/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/common/prizm_rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/user/Downloads/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/common/prizm_rules'.  Stop.
Prizming wrote:
I'm using windows and made sure I'm using the correct syntax for the .\make command but I still get this error message:

Code:
C:\Users\user\Downloads\PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2\PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2\projects\example>..\..\bin\make.exe
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/Users/user/Downloads/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/projects/example/src/versionProvider.cpp, ...) failed.
Makefile:13: C:/Users/user/Downloads/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/common/prizm_rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/user/Downloads/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/PrizmSDK-win-0.5.2/common/prizm_rules'.  Stop.

Okay, this is a common error with old projects.

You need to edit the Makefile in the project's directory and replace uses of common with toolchain.
For eaxmple, common/prizm.ld should be replaced with toolchain/prizm.ld

After this, the project should at least start compiling.

Let me know if that doesn't work or didn't make any sense.
dr-carlos wrote:
Prizming wrote:

Code:

You need to edit the Makefile in the project's directory and replace uses of common with toolchain.

There wasnt a common/prizm.Id in the makefile file but there was in the make batch file but I couldn't figure out how to edit it.
Prizming wrote:
dr-carlos wrote:
Prizming wrote:

Code:

There wasnt a common/prizm.Id in the makefile file but there was in the make batch file but I couldn't figure out how to edit it.

That's interesting. Assuming you are using https://github.com/Torveq/utilities, you will need to replace 'common/prizm_rules' with 'toolchain/prizm_rules' and 'common/prizm.ld' (note that ld is lowercase L not I) with 'toolchain/prizm.ld' in the Makefile. This fixed the error for me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours