Today, as my Dad and I were driving to school, there was an accident in front of the student parking lot. A kid was hit by a retired old man, flipped over the hood of the car, and was flung several feet into the air, landing behind the car. My Dad and I saw the aftermath, and it was just like those extreme videos you see on youtube and whatnot; this kid was a mess. Less than a minute latter a firetruck with a paramedic squard shows up (my highschool's literally down the street from the fire station). There were cars pulled over, going to aid the *two* kids that were now sprawled on the pavement. Once I was in second period, I found out that that kid who was on the street was a friend of mine. The other kid's identity is unknown. My friend was transported to a trauma level I hospital, so he's in really bad shape right now (he's in serious condition atm; I saw him on the ground after the accident; if he makes it, there's no way he's going to make a full recovery).
Sounds like he wasn't wearing his seatbelt...? But its still possible (however unlikely) for a full recovery - hope for the best
I hate hearing this sort of thing. Sad I really hope he gets better. Sad Sad
For clarification; the kid was crossing the street and was hit @ ~30mph.

And there's a news crew and everything out there now...<_<
Oooh! I thought you had meant two cars and he flew out the window type of crash.

I'm assuming the guy who hit him is being faced with criminal charges?
that has to suck. I almost got ranover once by a van. It was sitting at the end of my driveway waiting for me to cross the road for the bus, but then a truck came and smacked the van at 55 mph. Blamed the driver on the bus for not looking like it was going to stop.
Wow, that's terrible. Hope your friend and the other guy recover sufficiently, even if as you said they may not make a full recovery.
Yeah; my class had to have the talk about life and the possibility of losing a classmate given by the school counselors...

Quote:
Blamed the driver on the bus for not looking like it was going to stop.

Confused
Ouch, sorry to hear that dude Sad

I had to clean up my grandpa's accident, he hit the back of a semi doing ~ 80 (had a heart attack, and some sort of other attack, dont remember atm.) I deal with this kind of stuff probably 5 times a year, where people are either dead, or really close to it.
Surprised . /me whistles.
I just saw the news report on this; I know the kid that they interviewed too; why do I seem to know everyone at my high school? Confused
small high school? we had an incident like this night after graduation/winning state baseball championships last year where they took a car around the corner too fast and rolled off a 30 foot cliff into the river, and the driver died before his 2 friends could get him out.
Quote:
small high school?

Hardly; there's over 3000 people at my high school.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
small high school?

Hardly; there's over 3000 people at my high school.

Shock thats almost as big as my town...
That's the number of people who live on my block, probably. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:

have you ever wondered what its like to have a yard? .... or see stars for that matter?
The schools here are insanely overcrowded; there's two high schools within half a mile of each other where I live; and yet there are still 3000 people and over 20 trailers (ahem, 'Modular Leraning Untis' Laughing) on campus.
elfprince13 wrote:
have you ever wondered what its like to have a yard? .... or see stars for that matter?

I looked up and saw the stars once, and I began to wonder... "Where the hell is my ceiling?!?!?!" (thank you bash.org Very Happy )

@Ult Dev: you probably knew the kid they were interviewing because you knew the kid it happened to. It would make sense that you would know your friend's friends Very Happy
Well, he's not really a friend per se; he's affectionately known as 'douchebag' Laughing
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I think I should take a picture of my yard here and show Kerm what space looks like. (What sucked is that on our rider, on of the heads on the engine got damaged, so I had to mow 4 acres with a push mower).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours