Drifting is another word for Street rally. It is in fact extremely fun. And I will agree with kllronhj on the muffler thing, it is quite rediculous. But the ones that we race are usually around 800-1000 horse power, and are extremely fast. Rice? I think not.

Rice is more like the putheticly enormous wings they put on there cars, along with the gay underglow and ugly as hell body kits.

The ones we race have required decals of the sponsors, auro kits, engine work, and nothing close to those suck a mufflers that make you "look/sound cool".

In fact, my brother was racing a riced out Civic SI yesterday. Smoked him! In a stock 1990's saturn. How sad...

(anyone mind splitting this thread?)
You think swivel has too many icons, check out my old Windoze desktop. I booted into windows for the first time in a month to take this screenie and burn an iso (k3b isn't working with EdgyEft yet).

That's pretty bad, but at least you have some of them semi-organized into groups. It's an improvement...
Heh, I just used Gnome's built in CD burner to burn ISO's, but you might also want to look into XCDRoast

@Swivel: I'd still rather have a supercharged V8 than any of them 800-1000hp 6-bangers. V8 is America's engine Very Happy That, and they sound amazing. Plus, you can supercharge a V8 with better results, meaning more low-end torque for extra off-the-line power. Those 800hp cars you are talking about are only at high rpms when the turbo is at full spool, no good for drag racing or burnouts Laughing

As for the exhaust, I like to call them "coffee can exhausts", as thats about how big they are Razz I don't get the giant spoilers either. Seriously, you won't get any more downforce if your spoiler is 3 feet above your trunk Rolling Eyes

As for smoking the civic, hell, I've beaten a 'tricked-out' hyundai tiberon in my '93 Jeep Cherokee Sport (there's something to be said for that 4 liter 6-banger Very Happy )
Quote:
Heh, I just used Gnome's built in CD burner to burn ISO's, but you might also want to look into XCDRoast

Brasero is also good...
swivelgames wrote:
Drifting is another word for Street rally.

Huh? I thought drifting was when you swung the back end of your car around off to the side while going around turns. That's the whole reason God invented emergency brakes Razz

EDIT:
foamy3 wrote:
Huh? I thought drifting was when you swung the back end of your car around off to the side while going around turns. That's the whole reason God invented emergency brakes Razz

That is what drifting is, but it looks alot like cars turning in a rally race (swinging far side ways), although drifts are style, and rally racing is, well, racing Laughing

They just named it Street Rally because "Car Dancing" doesn't sound as manly Very Happy
foamy3 wrote:
That's the whole reason God invented emergency brakes

w00t to that Foamy! Laughing

foamy3 wrote:
Huh? I thought drifting was when you swung the back end of your car around off to the side while going around turns.

Very close to the same thing, just trying to help those who dont know what it is to understand.
Err, probably shouldn't have posted my desktop with two a filesharing programs and 5 emulators. Oh well, nothing incriminating in that. I just won't post up the corresponding files Razz
foamy3 wrote:
....That's the whole reason God invented emergency brakes Razz
Oh, I never realized that it was Him who had invented it. Hmm, Wikipedia blasphemes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_brake
They say that the emergency brake, aka the hand break, was an American automotive invention. In fact:

"BMW already has a system where the emergency brake initiates when the car stops and then goes off as soon as the gas pedal is pressed preventing the car from drifting. The vehicle operator can easily turn off the system."
file sharing (P2P) programs are 100% legal, as are emulators. Its the copyrighted materials often associated with each that cause issues Very Happy So if you just use Limewire to download Linux distros, its all legal Wink Just like if you only use that Playstation emulator to play games you have purchased and are in your CD-Rom drive (or that you ripped yourself), that too is 100% legal

EDIT: uh, Kerm? Why is P2P censored? It is a valid term that applies to more than just illegal filesharing... Hell, I use bittorrent, a P2P program (Wink), to download my Gentoo installer
That response greatly confused me until I realized you were responding, not to my post, but to the post above it. Quoting always helps when you aren't referring to the last post on the page... Anyway, that's correct.
Kllrnohj wrote:
file sharing (<font color=red>censored</font>) programs are 100% legal, as are emulators. Its the copyrighted materials often associated with each that cause issues Very Happy So if you just use Limewire to download Linux distros, its all legal Wink Just like if you only use that Playstation emulator to play games you have purchased and are in your CD-Rom drive (or that you ripped yourself), that too is 100% legal

Yeah, I actually have all of the disks I use for the psx emulator. I can't seem to find any ROM sites for it, though. Even if I could, it would still take forever with dial-up internet...
KermMartian wrote:
That response greatly confused me until I realized you were responding, not to my post, but to the post above it. Quoting always helps when you aren't referring to the last post on the page... Anyway, that's correct.

Did you notice you only posted that ~50 seconds before me? COULD IT BE POSSIBLE that I started responding BEFORE you had posted that??? Razz (of course that is what happened, I'm just giving you grief for missing that Very Happy )
How do you dump a screen image in linux? The print screen button on my keyboard doesn't seem to work for that.
Depends on the window manager you are using. In gnome its just print screen (or if thats not working, its preferences->keyboard shortcuts in the menu's at the top)

KDE: I have no idea, look for keyboard shortcuts

Others: I have no idea, look for an X screenshot taking program Very Happy

EDIT: You didn't really google this, did you? http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/11386.html - you can do it straight from GIMP! Huh, didn't know that.... Anyway, theres how to do it in Gnome and KDE
KDE has a snapshot utility. Check K Menu > Graphics > KSnapshot
I use fluxbox. I apologize, I should have jfgi'd first.

Me messing around with my desktop.
Quote:
I use fluxbox.

Another person who uses fluxbox Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours