But we've had to do that way too many times recently; it's better to shut the n00bs up for awhile until they know what they're doing. It's fine if they're asking a question, but if they're giving answers, then its just a waste of time.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
But we've had to do that way too many times recently; it's better to shut the n00bs up for awhile until they know what they're doing. It's fine if they're asking a question, but if they're giving answers, then its just a waste of time.

Or saying that they've been working with electronics for years and then turning around and saying that they are an electronics n00b Rolling Eyes

Perhaps you should add some electronics and hardware tutorials to the tutorial sticky thread?
Ideally what I would like to do is complete a project of mine that I've been putting off for years; I literally have hundreds of thousands of bookmarks, and whenever I can gather them all into one place then I'll sort them and put them on my site...

But until then I'll just look for tutorials that the general n00b population needs Smile
I could use a few myself Very Happy I know the basics, and I can read/follow a schematic, but I don't really have a clue as to how to design some circuits and such Smile (Hence the reason you don't see me offering much advice in such threads Laughing )
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Ideally what I would like to do is complete a project of mine that I've been putting off for years; I literally have hundreds of thousands of bookmarks, and whenever I can gather them all into one place then I'll sort them and put them on my site...

But until then I'll just look for tutorials that the general n00b population needs Smile

Are you being literal when you say literally hundreds of thousand of bookmarks? Just Joking
Actually, I may be under-exaggerating...hence why I've put off doing it for so long Laughing

Quote:
I know the basics, and I can read/follow a schematic, but I don't really have a clue as to how to design some circuits and such Smile (Hence the reason you don't see me offering much advice in such threads 0x5 )

Shock Shocked
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Shock Shocked

Confused Does that surprise you? I'm a software guy Smile
Yeah, that did take me by surprise...I just assumed you knew because of your extensive knowledge of PC components...

So then Kerm and I are the only hardware guys out here?! Sad Crying

Oh, and I added some more tutorials Cool
I *want* to get more into hardware and building, but I'm still in highschool, so I don't have too many options yet (there aren't really any engineering classes) And no one in my family is really into hardware, whereas I have some cousins who do a bunch of programming (as in for a living Laughing ), so thats where I learned alot of that from (by borrowing their books and such)

And knowing how a component works and how to build the component are two very different things Wink
I think you have a figuratively literal 100,000 bookmarks, perhaps actually 200-300 in all. Wink
Quote:
but I'm still in highschool, so I don't have too many options yet (there aren't really any engineering classes)

No excuses! Razz (Not like you would've learned anything even if they did teach electronics...)

Quote:
so thats where I learned alot of that from (by borrowing their books and such)

I learned the same way (kinda); my Dad kept all of his books from when he was in the Marine Corps, so I literally have several shelves full of electronics goodness (AND a repair manual for vaccuum-tube transistors Laughing)

Quote:
And knowing how a component works and how to build the component are two very different things

I think you meant use instead of build there...

Quote:
I think you have a figuratively literal 100,000 bookmarks, perhaps actually 200-300 in all.

You have no idea...ph43r
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
And knowing how a component works and how to build the component are two very different things

I think you meant use instead of build there...

By component I meant things like SATA/PATA, wireless phones, etc.. Not like a capacitor or resistor. So I did indeed mean build there Wink (I used the word component in reference to your "extensive knowledge of PC components" comment)
From what I understand you wro- nevermind; I get it Smile
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
From what I understand you wro- nevermind; I get it Smile
Heh, I love when people figure out something mid-post and post anyway. It's so conversational. Smile
I know; post count +1 Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I know; post count +1 0x5
Of course, and then the additional phrase that you get to append to your original sentence of confusion is also a boon to your overall total count of the number of words you have posted electronically via a keyboard, mouse, and computer or other electronic device to the storage structure represented by this website's database for display and reception by other human and nonhuman inhabitants of this planet and visitors to the website.

Phew.
@tifreak8x: PICTURES?! Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I know; post count +1 0x5

postcount++; Evil or Very Mad

@Kerm: You talk too much Mr. 14.77 words per post Razz Trying to change that now? Maybe bump it up a bit without cheating?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
:exhales: Rolling Eyes n00bs shouldn't be allowed to post suggestions.

^^Not a good way to help encourage newbs to learn. Trial and error is one of THE BEST ways to learn anything. Q&A can only answer the questions about theory, not about application. Thus the trial and error Smile

I am also interested in seeing some pics when you have them tifreak8x, so that I may learn as to how you went about installing your backlight.
Quote:
^^Not a good way to help encourage newbs to learn. Trial and error is one of THE BEST ways to learn anything. Q&A can only answer the questions about theory, not about application. Thus the trial and error Smile

I agree; just you shouldn't be a part of the A yet Wink But to help a newb out, check out the TUTORIALS topic under Calc/Comp Open Topic Smile

Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours