E. Coli bateria has been found in Cary's water supply (where I live); however, it was detected in a neighborhood kinda far from here (only 1 of 40 sites tested), so I've had no exposure to it; however, this means that I can't use public water until about Monday Sad So lots of bottled water for me for the next few days Very Happy http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/476578.html
that has to suck. One of our beaches here just got closed because of it, but I think it is open again.
We had that two years ago. We had to boil the water thoroughly if you wanted to use it. No fun Sad
Ouch, that's dangerous stuff. Luckily we've never gotten that here yet.,
Supposedly they've cleaned it up and they're waiting for the new test results on the water to come back.
That's good. Did they figure out where it came from in the first place so it won't occur again?
That's the sort of thing that I'd rather not know. Wink
Quote:
That's good. Did they figure out where it came from in the first place so it won't occur again?

Well, they narrowed it down to one street, so they flushed all of the water in that area out through fire hydrants, garden hoses, etc. to get the infected water out. As for finding the source, they're thinking that some construction crew used the water main instead of the sewage line to flush their crap away Laughing (one house actually had fecal matter in their water supply :S)
woah, that ins't good. I see lawsuits coming on this one. If my water supply got contaminated, things would be very bad, and it would be expensive to fix. We have well, so either it would force a move of the people on the well, or the township will actually have to supply us with city water (they really don't want to do it, they didn't want the school to have it because they are so cheep, yet they go out and spend our money because they are always involved in some king of lawsuit).
The one thing I love about Memphis is the water. It is atleast 3 x better than that bottled shit.

P.S. P.S. In case you didn't know, Memphis uses an Artesian aquifer for drinking water.

Filtered again and again naturally =D
Woo, lake Michigan water for me. It pwns well water, but I'm sure everyone else disagrees. After all, it's a matter of what you're used to.
The Tari wrote:
Woo, lake Michigan water for me. It pwns well water, but I'm sure everyone else disagrees. After all, it's a matter of what you're used to.

All of our water is not just well water. It goes through like 3 layers of fine sand and stuff and is naturally filtered. And then MLGW filters it some more, if you ever come to Memphis I bet you will love the water =D
Quote:
P.S. incase you didn't know, Memphis has one of the only argentinan well (sp?) for drinking in the world

You mean an Artesian aquifer; there are many of them in the world.

And the western part of Cary had the ban lifted earlier today; still waiting for them to lift the ban on me (and all of the restaurants in the area are closed Sad)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
P.S. incase you didn't know, Memphis has one of the only argentinan well (sp?) for drinking in the world

You mean an Artesian aquifer; there are many of them in the world.

I said ONE OF =D
And then THE ONLY, which implied that they were rare Wink
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
And then ONLY, which implied that they were rare Wink

That was a grammatical error actually Laughing
Well then, Laughing
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Well then, 0x5

Already did right after i read your post after my first one
Well, do it again because there are still errors Razz Laughing

Your post could be:

P.S. In case you didn't know, Memphis uses an Artesian aquifer for drinking water.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Well, do it again because there are still errors Razz 0x5

Your post could be:

P.S. In case you didn't know, Memphis uses an Artesian aquifer for drinking water.

*Bangs head on wall* Dangit, I am multitasking, lol. Better pay more attention Evil or Very Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours