NOS - An alternative TI84+CE shell

NOS (or Nick's Operational Shell) will be a simple shell with a GUI similar to the Kindle Fire Home Screen. To scroll through the programs, you use the left and right keys. Possible features would be pinning programs to the beginning of the carousel and using the A-Z keys to navigate similarly to Cesium.
Cool! Beckadamtheinventor's also working on a shell in ICE, so you could cooperate!
jcgter777 wrote:
Cool! Beckadamtheinventor's also working on a shell in ICE, so you could cooperate!

If he wants to, I'm open to the spirit of collaboration and I do need help with the mechanics behind the shell
You can ask anyone but me, since je suis stupide.
jcgter777 wrote:
You can ask anyone but me, since je suis stupide.

Wow that's self-respect in its purest form Razz
I have been bug testing for BOSshell, and I can do the same here. I like messing with my calc.
jcgter777 wrote:
I have been bug testing for BOSshell, and I can do the same here. I like messing with my calc.

Hey thanks that would be great!
The REAL LAX18 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:

Hey thanks that would be great!

You should also ask SM84CE.
You should also say that the size of the program is the numbers below the program.
jcgter777 wrote:
You should also say that the size of the program is the numbers below the program.

Yeah I can do that.
Another thing s that you can't go left.
UPDATES!!!!

I made massive updates last night to NOS. These included making it more of a shell than a filename viewer Razz

Done:
- Reading of Filenames
- Browsing Files (Can go back)
- Running of BASIC programs (Kinda Glitchy)

Planned:
- Archiving and Unarchiving
- Running of ASM programs
- Detecting if a program is BASIC or ASM
- Detecting and displaying Cesium Icons
- plus much much more!

Old Screenshot:

New Screenshot:
How do you handle running BASIC prgms? Copy then run?

Seems to be coming nicely! Keep it up!
SM84CE wrote:

Yes I copy the program into a predetermined program (prgmTEMP) then run that program!
Nice work!

Quick question: Are we able now to go back or left when going through the list? Thats be better than having to cycle through all of them again because you accidentally missed it. (Especially if you have a ton of programs) Also, what is the middle box thing going to be filled with? More information? Do you think you can figure out a way to change the color theme? I don't know if variables work in defining a color, but if it does, then that's be pretty easy. Good luck on whatever you want to do!

P.S. You should change the version number since it's so updated Wink

[Before post edit]: I see that you can now go back in the list. That's good! How did you change the code to do that?

What are all the planned features? The "maybe" features? Can you make one list of the features that are there and the features to be added, and change the color for finished/unfinished? That'd be a great way to anticipate features.
jcgter777 wrote:
Also, what is the middle box thing going to be filled with? More information?

Yes I plan to have the middle box house more information like keypresses and stuff.
jcgter777 wrote:
Do you think you can figure out a way to change the color theme? I don't know if variables work in defining a color, but if it does, then that's be pretty easy.

Yes this is definitely a planned feature! I have wanted to do this since I first came up with idea

jcgter777 wrote:
P.S. You should change the version number since it's so updated Wink

Ill be sure to do this in the next github upload

jcgter777 wrote:
I see that you can now go back in the list. That's good! How did you change the code to do that?

When I originally made the code, it was set up so everytime you presses [->] it would goto a label that had the search function. This would then find the next program. The problem was that it did not save the program pointers of already found programs. After I learned about lists for StockSim from PT_, I implemented them into this. Now when you press left, It adds 3 to the list position and recalls the program search function. This is inverted for the [<-] key.

jcgter777 wrote:
What are all the planned features? The "maybe" features? Can you make one list of the features that are there and the features to be added, and change the color for finished/unfinished? That'd be a great way to anticipate features.

I have a Github Project Board started for this purpose here. I will keep this thread updated too. I am also taking feature requests. If you want to make one, create a new issue in the Github repo.
LAX18 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Yes I copy the program into a predetermined program (prgmTEMP) then run that program!

Just an FYI, if the user has a prgmTEMP, it will be overwritten, this is highly unlikely, but just putting this out there.
SM84CE wrote:
Just an FYI, if the user has a prgmTEMP, it will be overwritten, this is highly unlikely, but just putting this out there.

What should I name it then?
LAX18 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Just name it a string of random numbers and letters, like "A1H47D8"

EDIT 1: To answer LAX18's question, I believe you can use theta, but not the equals sign or other special characters.
Legoman314 wrote:
LAX18 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Just name it a string of random numbers and letters, like "A1H47D8"

Okay. Can I use "=" or theta?

EDIT FOR RESPONSE: Okay Ill implement this! Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours