Is there a way, in pure Basic, to do the equivalent of a call... execute subroutine code, without disrupting any For/While loops you are in?
The easiest and most correct way to call a subroutine in TI-BASIC is to simply use prgmXXXX. If you're using Hybrid BASIC, you can copy an archived subprogram to a temporary program and call it.

Edit: An alternative would be to Goto out, then use a Goto at the end of the subroutine to jump back to a Lbl right after the Goto inside the loop, like this:
Code:
:For(X,1,10
:Goto DX
:Lbl RX
:End
:Return
:
:Lbl DX
:Disp X
:Goto RX
Here's a screenshot of the program. Anyone who wants to beta test it, please private message me and I'll send it to you.

BUGS I KNOW OF: Dividing with a 1-term denominator gives a Domain error on the deltaList line.
Also, the program currently discards any remainders from division. If someone can advise me on how to use it, I'll try to.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Update!

• 2.0 RC1 – Division bug resolved. Error catching for divide by zero added. Trailing parenthesis removed where possible. Zeroes algorithm improved. Older version used the solve() built in command. This version uses a modified rational zeroes test ( x = p/q )

For anyone wishing to beta test, the link is https://www.omnimaga.org/ti-z80-calculator-projects/polynomials-all-in-one-math-tool-upgraded%21/?action=dlattach;attach=23838.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours