So...

I've finally decided to resume work on Start, but there's a SLIGHT problem.
I need to index all of the programs into an "All Apps" section, and Kerm's method and mine will literally take millennia.

How would I index (store all in multiple lists) all of the program names using an Assembly sub-program or in BASIC? (refer to http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/BasicLibs:FindProg)

Keep in mind I know no assembly, so...

Please help if you can.

Please.
You could use Celtic Libs to read all the program names and store then to an AppVar, making it easy to make Start. That is, assuming your on an 83 or 84.
I have intentionally omitted any FindProg-like functionality from Doors CSE at the present. I may eventually add such a function, especially since Merth and tifreak have asked for it for their games that need to find levels, but if I do, it will only find programs that start with a specific string of at least two bytes.

NoahK wrote:
You could use Celtic Libs to read all the program names and store then to an AppVar, making it easy to make Start. That is, assuming your on an 83 or 84.
He's using Doors CSE and the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours