I recently bought a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and the charging port appears to be off center. When I connect the charging cable, nothing happens, but if I bend it uncomfortably far to fit in the port it will start charging. Is there any way to fix this or is there a single-calculator dock that I can buy to go around it? The only dock I could find is a full station for 10 calculators. Thanks for the help!
Would you be able to post a photo of this issue? Something like Imgur should do the trick for hosting a photo. Did you buy the calculator new in a store slash online, in the original packaging, or did you get it second-hand?
KermMartian wrote:
Would you be able to post a photo of this issue? Something like Imgur should do the trick for hosting a photo. Did you buy the calculator new in a store slash online, in the original packaging, or did you get it second-hand?

Here's some photos: http://imgur.com/a/MbBL6
I bought the calculator from Amazon. It is first-hand (as far as I know), but it didn't come in the original packaging.[/url]
Have you tried using a different wire? That appears to be the only problem.
Did the USB cable come with such a bent plug, or is that bent from you having to force it into the port? It doesn't look like the port itself is at any particularly weird angle or location in the case aperture to me.
KermMartian wrote:
Did the USB cable come with such a bent plug, or is that bent from you having to force it into the port? It doesn't look like the port itself is at any particularly weird angle or location in the case aperture to me.

The USB came straight but could very easily be bent into the shape in the picture (only in that direction). I guess the problem could be the cable isn't making proper contact with the calculator. Should I buy a new one?
sphax wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The USB came straight but could very easily be bent into the shape in the picture (only in that direction). I guess the problem could be the cable isn't making proper contact with the calculator. Should I buy a new one?

Borrow a known working USB cable from someone, and if the works then buy a new one.
Ivoah wrote:
Borrow a known working USB cable from someone, and if the works then buy a new one.

I'll try that out. Thanks for the help!
Glad to help

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours