hi guys, i have a Ti-nspire cx calculator. i need write system linear equations to solve my problems about civil engineering but i dont understand how i can define constant on my calculator. For example:

x=y+1
y=2b
in x and y variables and in b constant
the solution that i need is:
x=2b+1
y=2b
When i try to set up my system the calculator gives error because b is not define. Please help me
in HP calculator u write the equations without define b and it solve on b but the with ti-nspire no Sad
If b is a constant, and you already know of the value of it, I believe you can do
b := number

And then solve simultaneously from there.
Forgive me if I misunderstood the question, though ^^
Sorry about caleb, he's still learning. Wink Yes, the TI-Nspire CX CAS can solve linear systems of symbolic equations. However, what you have there is not a linear system of equations, because you use one of the equations (y) in the other equation (x). You should be able to simply store 2b to y ("y := 2b"), then when you enter x=y+1, the calculator should be able to substitute 2b for y (or is it x:=y+1?).
You can also write this as x=y+1 | y=2b (To get the vertical bar press CTRL = and select from popup menu).

You must be using Nspire CX CAS for this to work, Nspire CX will not do.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours