My friend will be needing a graphing calculator for next year. However, he is not at all sure what he should get. I'm wondering if he should wait for the 84 plus CE, or get a CSE, or a TI-84 plus. I also have a friend who has a TI-84 plus silver edition with one line of text on the screen that just doesn't work, is there a way to cheaply fix the screen? One more thing, is there a good way to get new calculators inexpensively? or what store is best to get a graphing calculator at?
Thanks
eBay is your best bet for inexpensive calculators. Also, I've had success at thrift stores such as Goodwill and Salvation Army; found a TI-89 for $6 and all it needed was a new pair of batteries. Be careful, most calculators on eBay are cheap because they have faults.

If he needs one now, the CSE is a solid choice and it'll last for years from an academic standpoint. Otherwise he can wait and see how well the CE is received. The TI-84+ will certainly have better documentation and support in textbooks as it's been around for years.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours