KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Gonna make a tutorial on it?? Wink lol
I'll make one on the DCS GUI API if you want...

You could, though I wouldn't use it for this game. I am trying to make this in as much basic, remember? So far, there will only be one asm program...
Working on saving routines now, Just trying to figure out how I want certain things to work, and in which part of the program to check them. My modem on my home comp got taken out, so it will be a week before I get a new one of those... >.< So, that means no more screen shots till that is fixed.

On the plus side, that means no more internet distractions at night, so I might get more done over the next week... ^_^
Superbulous. I hope you can make some good progress.
Well, I have gotten completely confused with my code, so I am going back through and attempting to figure out what is what, and writing it down on paper... >.< I think I about have it set up tp save to slot one, though I need to set it up if the save ID#s do not match.

I know once I get past the saving part, that I will be able to write up the rest of the stuff very quickly.
Well, I came up with a slight optimization for the text boxes, by using a temporary list that has all the coordinates for the Line commands, and just use a For( loop to put them all up. It is just as fast, and saves 4 bytes. Smile It also keeps things looking neater, than a bunch of Line commands, and more sophisticated, to "astonish" would-be programmers Very Happy

And besides, using this method, will allow me to use them a lil better for both save slots, cutting requirements down by half.
I am not sure about the 'astonish' part, I think people who look over my shoulder when i program are more confused with a few rows of line( commands with different, seemingly unrelated numbers Razz . That does optimize it a bit though Good Idea .
That is why I put "Would-be" programmers... Smile And anyways, it doesn't really matter to me if the game wows programmers, as I am shooting to wow the people who want good games.

Anyways, I wrote out all the code on paper last night, so I can see it better, and start moving portions of the code to their correct spots. This ought to be fun...
<ot>I'm actually surprised that newbs have such a hard time understanding BASIC ... it's practically English, after all. Smile
Yeah, really you just need to know what the numbers mean and your all set Razz .
Well, c'mon, "Pause"? "Disp"? "ClrHome"? How obvious is that?
From what I have seen of php, it is the same way.

<bot>

I am still hammering out the details of the saving system. It will probably be tommorrow before any major progress is done though.
I assume you'll be doing some kind of list concatenation system, correct?
Not really, it will have 2 sets of lists, one for each save slot.

But great news! After spending about an hour rewriting code on paper, I think I have things set up logically enough to easily finish now. Before it was a tangle of loops and If Then statements that had me confused, but that is all fixed now. I might even get a screenshot up very soon. ^_^
Shock Easily finish? Like the whole thing? That would be iincredibly awesome!!
lol, I wish, just for the save file. Smile Then the rest of the menu should be easily completed with in a few hours Very Happy
tifreak8x wrote:
lol, I wish, just for the save file. Smile Then the rest of the menu should be easily completed with in a few hours Very Happy
Laughing Oh, ok. Then what comes next after that?
Then back to the maps, I guess. Might start in on entering towns and houses... After that, definitely going back to Pokemon Purple...
What ever happened to dear old Star Trek? I still want to try that one of these days, you know. Smile
Yeah, I know. I really need to see about makin faster circles for it though. Sad

It only needs 3 things and it will be done.

Borg need to fire

Need shield impacts on Enterprise

Need to tweak stats

Other than that, it is done for the 83. The 83+ will be getting a whole lot more, graphics wise...
Why don't you use my 200-byteish fast circle drawer? It's basic, and doesn't mess around with the flags at all. In fact, it's based on the same theory as the ASM one Kllrnohj made, and almost as fast.

Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours