There's already a thread on this, but it got hijacked by a problem with the on button. I though it wiser to start anew rather than continue that thread.

I have a working ROM converted to a working .jpg. Both files work in Firefox in windows.

On ipad I get the "Sorry, but this ROM appears to be an invalid size..."

Version is iOS 7.1.2, safari 9537.53

Sorry, I do not have access to a Mac or the developer menu, sorry.

Again, it's not a problem with the .jpg file; this file load into the emulator just fine on a windows machine.

Is this a known problem, or something new?
What method did you use to transfer the picture files to your iDevice? Unfortunately, unless you use one of the methods recommended on the ROMs tab in jsTIfied, Apple's software may resize or resample the image, which as you might expect breaks it. Hope this helps.
Ah, yes, I meant to mention that.

I first tried email, then I tried dropbox. Both were supposed to be safe ways.

I do not know how to tell if the picture was resampled or not.[/quote]
kdn wrote:
Ah, yes, I meant to mention that.

I first tried email, then I tried dropbox. Both were supposed to be safe ways.

I do not know how to tell if the picture was resampled or not.
Would it be possible to transfer it back and compare it to the original? Ideally they would be the exact same size in bytes. Also, which calculator model are you emulating?
They way I sent it to myself was iCloud. I believe there is an "iCloud for Windows" piece of software. Mail might down sample the image unless you specifically download the full size. I will try Dropbox & E-Mail Friday.
KermMartian wrote:
Would it be possible to transfer it back and compare it to the original? Ideally they would be the exact same size in bytes. Also, which calculator model are you emulating?

Excellent thought. I transferred it back to the PC, this time with the USB cable. The file size reported by Windows is actually different from the original .jpg.

However, the file that made the round trip _still_ works in FF/Win.

Trying to emulate 84+SE using ROM created by rom8x.
comicIDIOT wrote:
They way I sent it to myself was iCloud. I believe there is an "iCloud for Windows" piece of software.

Sounds like it's working for you, then. iOS 7.1.2 or some other version?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours