If I write a TI-Basic program to do a certain special type of data processing, can I import the relevant raw data for this purpose with TILP into my Titanium from a Windows or Linux PC?
I'm not sure TILP can do that, but TI Connect can. It includes a tool called TI DataEditor, in which you can input data into a list or matrix and package it up in the appropriate transferable format for each of the main calculator lines.
Runer112 wrote:
I'm not sure TILP can do that, but TI Connect can. It includes a tool called TI DataEditor, in which you can input data into a list or matrix and package it up in the appropriate transferable format for each of the main calculator lines.

I'm not entirely sure that is what he had in mind. I think he wants to put a .txt file (or anything else) on the calc without converting anything. At least, that's what I understood by "common file formats between PC's and TI calc's"
Yes, that's right, I was looking for formats that don't need conversion... I mostly use Linux, on which Ti-Connect doesn't run, so I was looking for a simple solution. Of course, that may not exist...

I have had no success with TI-Connect on my old Windows XP laptop. The second you plug in the USB cable between the PC and the Titanium, Windows sees the TI-89 and tries to 'install' software on it. (I hate Windows). After canceling this, Ti-Connect senses something has already 'grabbed' the device, and gives up. I have no idea how to get around this.
mlytle0, on Linux there is TILP which will let you send and receive files from your calculator on linux, that said I don't think there are any ways to get files without any sort of conversion from the PC to the calc.

I assume you are looking for Text files or is there some other data type you are looking to send to the calc?
I haven't actually tried a simple text file, I was just assuming (maybe wrongly) that the TI wouldn't accept these. I'm used to thinking TI is proprietary on everything...

Just want to get some numeric data into this thing without typing it all in through the TI's keyboard...
* for the TI-68k series, the TI-68k Developer Utilities, nowadays part of GCC4TI, can wrap computer data into file formats suitable for the calculator. The most relevant converters / utilities are as follows, approximately grouped by family:
- converters: ttbin2bin, ttbin2hex, ttbin2oth, ttbin2str, ttbin2txt, tthex2bin
- auxiliary utilities: ttchecksum, ttextract, ttsetname, ttstrip, ttsplit
Other utilities:
- TTArchives: ttarchive, ttunarchive
- TICT eBook reader: ttdos2ebk, ttebkgen, ttunebk
- PuCrunch compression: ttpack, ttppggen, ttunpack

* for simple text files, there's also TI-Planet's online converter: http://tiplanet.org/forum/editrawtxt.php?mode=3

* for formatted text readable with Hib-View or uView, WordRider is the usual computer-side editor.
The converter on TI-planet looks useful. The installation of the Developer Utilities is probably beyond me, but it's interesting nonetheless.
Nowadays, GCC4TI (see my signature) is quite easy to build. It's one of the first things we improved over TIGCC.
But anyway, there's a standalone version of the TI-68k Developer Utilities: http://tict.ticalc.org/downloads/tt140.tar.bz2 Smile
Nikkybot somehow pointed out a tool that I wasn't aware of but may be useful to you: http://ti.zewaren.net/

Code:
[22:14:11] < _Auron_> nikkybot is magical
[22:14:17] < nikkybot> Our networking is a magical wonderland!
[22:14:27] < _Auron_> oh my
[22:14:34] < Tari> nikkybot: vampire hunter
[22:14:37] < _Auron_> lol
[22:14:39] < nikkybot> http://ti.zewaren.net/
[22:14:44] < nikkybot> that's what my email was about andy|mac2

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours