Hello this my first post to this site. I'm from the site http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/ asked a few questions there. But currently the website appears to be broken (EX: Cannot sign in or post.) So I decided to post here for now:

I just got the 2.55MP update for my TI-84 Plus but I was wondering how to program the single line fraction bar. I currently use a 3 line system. For example I want to display this in MathPrint:

X^2+1
--------

This is the 3 line system, depends on where the Prompts are:
Output(1,1,"X^2+1 /Disp "X^2+1
Output(2,1,"-------- /Disp "--------
Output(3,3,"2 /Disp " 2

Usually the numbers are Prompted not given like 2 but this is a simple example. If successful this should save time, lines of code, and RAM.
I'm sure that output uses classic, not mathprint, methods for displaying text. Disp may work, though. to replace the variables, however, would require some nifty skill. personally, I love mathprint, but I dont use it in my programming.

I guess you could try this:

Code:

ClrHome
Disp "X^2+1 /// 2"                <---use the large dark slash in place of the triple
output(1,1,X

but this would require that X be of a set size.
In theory I thought that would work too but no all it does is display the dark slash the same way the normal slash is "/" So can MathPrint only be used on-screen and not in programming?
I guess not. you'll have to stick with your previous method from above, it seems. I dont really use mathprint in programming, anyway. not everyone has mathprint, and I hear some games even break from it.
Very true but how does MathPrint work in lets say assembly? (or as I call it the deeper language of the calculator that I never touch haha)
There probably are some calls that can be made into the OS to do the math-printy type things. It'd be neat if those could be exposed to BASIC.
now you've gone way beyond my scope. I dont know what the mathprint OS's expose to z80 Assembly, but the best place to look would be [url]wikiti.brandonw.net[/url]. they have most of the bcalls (if not all) documented there.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours