I'm Angie, and I just tried programming my TI84 Plus for the first time. Now I'm getting a Programs Disabled error message. I've tried the fix of connecting it to another calculator and sending/receiving. That didn't fix it. I've reset everything I can think to reset. Other suggestions?
have you tried pressing [on], [left] and [right] when its off?
You could also reinstall the OS
you can do this in 2 ways: 2 calc(one with programs enabled) or your calc and a computer
If you use a computer simply run TI connect and click restore OS
If you use another calculator you can try "Send OS"in the link menu
In both of the cases its optional to first delete your current OS Do this by pulling out the batteries and putting them back in while holding [DEL]
I hope this helped you a bit
THANKS! I downloaded the OS and it's all better! Laughing
Im glad I could help Very Happy
5365707065Bruyland wrote:
have you tried pressing [on], [left] and [right] when its off?
You could also reinstall the OS
you can do this in 2 ways: 2 calc(one with programs enabled) or your calc and a computer
If you use a computer simply run TI connect and click restore OS
If you use another calculator you can try "Send OS"in the link menu
In both of the cases its optional to first delete your current OS Do this by pulling out the batteries and putting them back in while holding [DEL]
I hope this helped you a bit

Note that battery pull and reinserting while holding [DEL] does not erase the current OS, that just puts you in the bootcode waiting to receive an OS. You can cancel the receive there and go back to the current OS if it is valid.

(Erasing requires you to invalidate the OS, probably by stopping an OS transfer, then using the bootcode to erase the flash chip to test it).
yeah thats right.
I just mentioned it thinking or hoping it would have more chance to succeed Graphing Calculator Idea
I don't know how I cancel the bootlader OS receiving, how do you do it?
press on then enter then on

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours