Necro from MC wrote:
Basic Sprite Map Maker Request Proposal of Details

Purpose:
create an enviroment for ease of basic sprite map development on computer

What it would do:
alow users to create a new map project, open a map project, edit maps in the project graphicaly, alow the storing of decimal data to tiles, and alow the viewing of the decimal data corosponding with a user defined legend*. Parts of maps could be copied, cut, and pasted into other parts of that and other maps*. 96X64 83x pics or individual sprites could be loaded into a project sprite sheet stored in a savable format for use when displaying the graphical map to be manipulated. The individual map matrices would be available as plain text for graphlink, as sendable matrice variables, or as a program containg a [[...]]->[Matice]

* indicates Im not sure if it would be a lot of work
so, to make some further suggestions: Optimal layout suggestion (merely a suggestion, so don't think I actualy think you will make it this way)

(_) indicates radial button {o is default while _ is not}, [V[ ] is a drop down menu, [+/-] is a colapsable feild, [D[ ]] pops up a dialog box, }____{ indicates a out put dialog box, [_]indicates check box
-----------------------------New table section---------------------------
[+/-]Output Format:
(o)Default Assembly Format [V[Options]
(_)Custom Assembly Format [V[Options]
(_)Compressed String Program [V[Options]
(_)Store into Matrix Program [V[Options]
(_)Custom Format [V[Options]
[D[compile map(s)]] [D[Compile Which Maps]]
"compile would build the program, the dialog menu has checks for each map in the project and lets you select which one you want to compile this time

[+/-]Tile Sets:
[D[Add New tile set]] [D[Delete Tile Set]] [D[Load " " ]] [D[Export " " ]] [D[Edit " "]]
[+/-] Current Tile
Current Tile: [}_____{]
Additional Data: [}_____{]
Column: [}___{]
Row: [}___{]
Tile Set: [}________{]

[+/-] Map Drawing
Selected Tile: [}_____{]
Current Tile Set: [}_____{]
[D[Change Tile]
Current Tool [}_____{] [D[Change Tool]
DRAWN MAP AREA
MAP AS JUST THE DATA (AS IT WOULD BE IN MARTIX FORM)
that would be cool, making maps directly on calc is a real pain Sad even with a good map editor
Yeah... Even in PokeModr, map editing is sort of a pain. It takes forever to plan out the map and everything and it's not exactly the friendliest thing in the world. I think I'm just going to release my makeext program for people to make mods and able to edit on-calc for quick fixes.
this was all proposed as a computer project in php like the joint opti ti project is
Right, that makes sense. Actually, I'm going to need someone to take over OptiBASIC, because Brazucs unfortunately doesn't have time anymor. Lemme start thinking out how this is going to work.
What would be the neatest thing to see is if scource coder became a full fledged basic IDE with features geared to advanced users...but not to get to far ahead I think that this being a part of scource coder will be very good. Of all the people whom I think could actualy make this, there are few whom seem more capable than you Kerm.
necro wrote:
What would be the neatest thing to see is if scource coder became a full fledged basic IDE with features geared to advanced users...but not to get to far ahead I think that this being a part of scource coder will be very good. Of all the people whom I think could actualy make this, there are few whom seem more capable than you Kerm.

Smile Thank you. I too see this as becoming a complete BASIC IDE.
have you made any progress in respect to this program
Not as of yet, I've been working on Apping DCS6. I see it going forward soon though.
good to hear, this tool would be very useful to the basic community
And that proposed format thing you came up with has so far been helpful with aiding me in completely understanding what you're saying.
I wonder if it'd be possible to make the scource coder series the basic equivalent of brass, latenite, and earlymorning set.
That would be really cool. I'm even thinking of trying to build a PHP assembler so that people could dev asm programs online too.
That is very cool.
It wouldn't be incredibly hard, just time-consuming to port over the opcode tables.
again, if i had to put money on anyone in the community to get it doen, itd be on you. You've already made this all so far, now we just got to wait until you have the time to try and finish it more.
Smile Thank you. And thanks for understanding the huge number of projects I have going at once, not to mention my schoolwork. Smile
I am in a bit of similar situation my self, then again...I have never finished a project to date ):
Laughing You will, don't worry. Very Happy Right now my problem is more massive amounts of schoolwork than too many projects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours