3x+2y+-5 = -4x+2y+-7

Just an example
It appears the two programs are working after I installed Doors CSE 8.1 per Unicorn's suggestion! I'm going to try to work some equations using Cramer's Rule, a program I installed. I will let you know how it goes in a sec.
Well, that problem with the matrices is very simple to solve, because you entered "-2" with the minus of the substraction, which will throw an error, because that is not possible. You must use the minus of the negative value, sometimes also written as "~" (for a simple example: see this). So, do not use "-2" but "~2", that minus sign is between the enter and the point.

Secondly, that program you downloaded works good for me:

See also this:
It occurs to me that you may be mixing up the negative and subtraction signs. Make sure you use the [(-)] key for negation and the [-] key for subtraction. My apologies if this is something with which you're already familiar.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours