Hi guys,

I'm working on something 3D-related (again) and I'd like to have scaled sprites, that is sprites that go smaller as they are far away, and bigger as they come closer. I found a 2000-ish routine by Badja on ticalc but it only shrinks sprites, which is half the work I need done.

Does anyone of you know or is ready to attempt to write such code ?

EDIT : hum. http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/211/21171.html . Although I need a routine that would basically be called sprite_fisc (see readme to understand). So basically, it's just adding clipping (to the screen coordinates) to fisn.asm. I know that's much asking, but as my PC died today I don't have any computer anymore, so my only way to use that routine is to copy it on Mimas, and I'd rather do that with a working routine seeing that I don't rock that much at ASM :/

Also, if someone could compile the included example file(s) and post screenshot(s), that would be helpful in others to notice these routines too, they seem very useful Smile
What exactly do you need? Any scale size, Indexed inputs, type preset, with clipping? I'll look into it today and see if i can come up with something. The example files don't really seem to have much visual difference, so i'll just post one of them:

I haven't looked through the code too carefully, but larger scaled sprites are (very) noticeably slower. I'm not sure what sort of job it does when shrinking sprites as the base sprite in the examples is an 8x8 smiley face.
Yes, that's what I would need. And we'll see for the speed, as there doesn't seem to be much alternatives anyway.
Alright, i've been a bit busy, i'll see what i can do as i'd have to add in the clipping myself. I'll try to have something for you by this weekend Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours