The TI-84 Plus CE is a follow-up to the color-screen TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition released in Spring 2013. Announced in January 2015 and unveiled on January 27, 2015, the TI-84 Plus CE is a thinner, lighter version of the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition with a longer battery life and the same key layout and operating system as the earlier color calculator. Intended as an update to the chunkier TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition to make it more attractive and friendly to students and teachers, it is 30% thinner, 30% lighter, has a battery that can last up to a month on a single charge. It features more RAM and a faster ez80 processor. The TI-84 Plus CE is allowed on standardized tests like the SAT, ACT, IB, and AP, and is keystroke-compatible with existing TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition lessons and tutorials.
- A full hands-on review of the slim, light TI-84 Plus CE.
- The TI-84 Plus CE in our Back-to-School Calculator Guide, ranked against other calculators.
- Support Cemetech: TI-84 Plus CE in available colors from Amazon
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CPU: ez80, clocked at 48MHz
- RAM: 154KB user-accessible; 256KB total.
- Flash (ROM): 3.0MB user-accessible; 4.0MB total.
- LCD: 320x240-pixel (16-bit color), memory-mapped (non-touchscreen)
- LCD Controller: PrimeCell PL111 Color LCD Controller
- Colors: Classic (black), Silver Linings, Radical Red, True Blue, Denim (navy blue), Lightning (light blue), Plum Pi (purple), Positively Pink (as of March 2015)
- Ports: mini-USB. No DBUS (2.5mm I/O) port. USB IP core is the Faraday FOTG210.
- Power: Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Battery Life: "Up to one month" with standard use. New deep sleep feature saves power over months of non-use.
- Operating System (OS): TI-OS 5.0
- Programming: TI-BASIC, Assembly
2. Using the TI-84 Plus CE
- Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus print book. Learn to use your graphing calculator for math, including everything from simple arithmetic to calculus, statistics, and advanced graphing.
- Downloading programs and games
- TI-BASIC games and Assembly games
- Cemetech archives of TI-84 Plus CE programs including math and science programs, shells, and more
- Linking and transferring files/programs
- Video coming soon.
- Popular tools
- Online TI-BASIC IDE (SourceCoder)
- Offline TI-BASIC IDE (TokenIDE)
- My TI-84 Plus CE is frozen/won't turn on: Solving a frozen/crashed TI-84 Plus CE
3. Programming the TI-84 Plus CE
- Programming the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and TI-84 Plus CE, a free appendix to Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus that teaches you how to write TI-BASIC programs for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
- Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus, a comprehensive book teaching programming for the TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus family of graphing calculators.
(Much of the existing documentation for programming the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition applies to the TI-84 Plus CE.)
4. History of the TI-84 Plus CEThe TI-84 Plus CE is the successor to the popular color-screen TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition calculator. It is the second color calculator in the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus family, and brings the sleekness of the TI-Nspire CX and the HP Prime to the TI-84 Plus family. (More soon)
5. References and More Information
- Cemetech news articles
- Hands-On with the TI-84 Plus CE: Full Review (April 6, 2015)
- TI-84 Plus CE Officially Launched: Exclusive Interview (January 26, 2015)
- TI-France's TI-83 Premium CE Hints at TI-84 Plus CE Features (January 15, 2015)
- A First Look at the TI-84 Plus CE (January 13, 2015)
- External references