This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 12:32:31 pm    Post subject:

I've heard of programs that make sounds using the calculator. How do they work and what do you need to use them?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 02:17:35 pm    Post subject:

You know how it says "This device may not cause harmful interferance" on the back? They lied. If you run a program and put the top of the calc near one of those mini-boom-box-thingies and set the box to a weak frequency you will hear various sounds as the calc executes it's commands. Some programmers have mapped out which commands make which sounds and have been able to make actual music and even low-quality speech from it. It's actually quite cool.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 03:50:00 pm    Post subject:

Where can I get a sound program?
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 04:35:29 pm    Post subject:

You can try the archives at ticalc.org. They generally have a nice selection of things to choose from. Check the asm directory for your respective calculator. You will need a set of headphones if I remember right - 2.5 mm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's been more than a year and a half since I've tried anything with sound.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 11:12:22 pm    Post subject:

Those calculators produce sounds by toggling lines on the link port. There are a few converter programs out there that let you convert .aud or .wav files to calc programs.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 22 Dec 2003 11:37:23 pm    Post subject:

To make sounds with the FM output the calc makes, just experiment with different For( loops and stick in different numbers. It makes different sounds for each one. To hear it, place the calc near the antenna on any FM radio.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Dec 2003 01:04:36 pm    Post subject:

Different For( loops? Could you give an example?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 25 Dec 2003 12:06:04 am    Post subject:

5->dim(L1)
For(A,1,2000
End
For(Q,1000,20000,100
End
For(L1(5),509,103024
End

etc

btw I havent run this code, but I think it should spit out some different tones.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement