This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 24 Apr 2007 06:18:38 pm    Post subject:

It has support for them but not many have been coded yet.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 24 Apr 2007 07:40:31 pm    Post subject:

Recursive Acronym wrote:
kermmartian wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
You can do that with MOS...[XTOn]->[Y=]->[TRACE]->[Y=]
[post="101641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, but that's so many more keypresses. Very Happy
[post="101648"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, toggle archive can be done with the Sin key, and toggle lock can be done with the Cos key (or maybe the Tan key; I forget). The other trig key toggles whether or not the program is hidden. Using a button for each function is much faster than some cursor-based interface. Now, if only the people at Detached Solutions would make stuff like that more clear with better documentation. Still, I am glad that they don't make their documentation overkill, like having a two-page license Razz .

Harrierfalcon wrote:
And also pardon, MOS contains many features and not a lot of fluff.
[post="101651"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Agreed! Very Happy
[post="101712"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The reason I said I liked them because some games compromise of 2+ programs and can only work if the other programs are unarchived (like Pinball and Breakout). While you can un/archive programs in MOS, it doesn't display the other programs and so cannot un/archive them or un/lock them. DCS, however, displays all programs, which can be confusing at times, but has this advantage.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 07:57:25 am    Post subject:

For those asking about the TabFunctions SE:
http://cemetech.net/programs/archives.php?...cstabfuncse.zip
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 08:05:02 am    Post subject:

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
The reason I said I liked them because some games compromise of 2+ programs and can only work if the other programs are unarchived (like Pinball and Breakout). While you can un/archive programs in MOS, it doesn't display the other programs and so cannot un/archive them or un/lock them. DCS, however, displays all programs, which can be confusing at times, but has this advantage.
[post="101840"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

furthermore, in DCS, basic programs can be set up to automatically hide their subprograms, and to automatically archive/unarchive them at run time.
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 02:38:16 pm    Post subject:

MirageOS has a problem with detecting programs that were not made correctly. I think that if someone could add Crunchy's appvar writeback and program compression to MirageOS, it would make the perfect shell.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 08:24:04 pm    Post subject:

Recursive Acronym wrote:
MirageOS has a problem with detecting programs that were not made correctly.  I think that if someone could add Crunchy's appvar writeback and program compression to MirageOS, it would make the perfect shell.
[post="101898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dont forget using flash so there are no garbage collect messgaes. I hate those. Sad
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 09:41:49 pm    Post subject:

When I said "appvar writeback", I meant the way that Crunchy handles archiving by creating a patch. CrunchyOS can still create garbage collect messages; it is just that they are much less frequent. I think the one time that it did Garbage Collect on my calc, Crunchy crashed after the the Garbage Collection routine completed.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 09:52:45 pm    Post subject:

Recursive Acronym wrote:
MirageOS has a problem with detecting programs that were not made correctly.  I think that if someone could add Crunchy's appvar writeback and program compression to MirageOS, it would make the perfect shell.
[post="101898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I LOVE DWEDIT Razz

Quote:
  When I said "appvar writeback", I meant the way that Crunchy handles archiving by creating a patch. CrunchyOS can still create garbage collect messages; it is just that they are much less frequent. I think the one time that it did Garbage Collect on my calc, Crunchy crashed after the the Garbage Collection routine completed.

Sorry, I didnt realize... and that's kinda ironic. Smile
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 10:02:24 pm    Post subject:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Me needs to be less hyper Razz .
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 10:08:11 pm    Post subject:

I didnt think ironic was really the right word either. But I couldnt think of the word I was looking for. Just the fact that crunchy os says that there will be little/no garbage collect messages, then there is, THEN the calc crashes! What word describes that.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Apr 2007 10:41:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd call that irony if I was you...
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 02:36:00 pm    Post subject:

kermmartian wrote:
I'd call that irony if I was you...
[post="101971"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't know...
pugboy

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 06:53:33 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
Furthermore, in DCS, basic programs can be set up to automatically hide their subprograms, and to automatically archive/unarchive them at run time.
[post="101889"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How? That would be quite useful for me.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 07:10:15 pm    Post subject:

Clicky!

I didn't know it hid the progs too...how handy. That's something that DCS has that MOS doesn't (other than a way more intuitive interface)...too bad they don't work together well...

Last edited by Guest on 26 Apr 2007 07:11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 07:42:41 pm    Post subject:

Do DCS! I like that hiding feature. Let me edit my programs!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Apr 2007 09:47:50 pm    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
furthermore, in DCS, basic programs can be set up to automatically hide their subprograms, and to automatically archive/unarchive them at run time.
How exactly is that? I can't find documentation for it anywhere...
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 07:39:21 am    Post subject:

If you want to hide programs from DCS, simply put the rand command as the first line in the program.

::DCS
:"64-char_hex_icon
::A
:ZSUB1
:ZSUB2
:SUBPRG5
::

This will unarchive any program between ::A and ::.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Apr 2007 07:39:54 am; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 12:15:00 pm    Post subject:

Here's another program I made to demonstrate the power of Doors CS 6's libraries:

The latest release of mobileTunes takes advantage of Ben Ryves' QuadPlay routines combined with the GUI power of Doors CS 6 for a superior media experience. Play up to 4-channel MOD music and audio on your calculator through the I/O port while taking advantage of Doors CS's ability to open songs in the associated player simply by clicking on the song. Four sample songs are included plus documentation on how to make your own.

In addition, I have a very beta online tool that attempts to convert MIDI files to mobileTunes 3 songs. It's flaky at best, so be patient with it.

Download
mobileTunes 3.0

Convert Songs
MIDI to mt3 converter

Last edited by Guest on 27 Apr 2007 12:23:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2007 07:25:46 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
Clicky!

I didn't know it hid the progs too...how handy.  That's something that DCS has that MOS doesn't (other than a way more intuitive interface)...too bad they don't work together well...
[post="102059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Harrierfalcon wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
How exactly is that? I can't find documentation for it anywhere...
[post="102099"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

??

kermmartian wrote:
Here's another program I made to demonstrate the power of Doors CS 6's libraries:

The latest release of mobileTunes takes advantage of Ben Ryves' QuadPlay routines combined with the GUI power of Doors CS 6 for a superior media experience. Play up to 4-channel MOD music and audio on your calculator through the I/O port while taking advantage of Doors CS's ability to open songs in the associated player simply by clicking on the song. Four sample songs are included plus documentation on how to make your own.

In addition, I have a very beta online tool that attempts to convert MIDI files to mobileTunes 3 songs.  It's flaky at best, so be patient with it.

Download
mobileTunes 3.0

Convert Songs
MIDI to mt3 converter

[post="102124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

awesome work Kerm
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Apr 2007 02:40:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the bump, Elfprince. Smile And yeah, hiding is as simple as sticking a rand token at the beginning of your program.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 28 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement