This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 05:23:04 am    Post subject:

I know none of you care lol, but I had to tell someboady. Outer Limit Softwares TIcalc.org account got 798 downloads in a half of a week. It (as of the moment) places 25th in the list of most downloaded authors. I was ecstatic when I first saw this. I mean while it may not compare to the amount of downloads patrick davidson or Thomas Nussaubmer gets its pretty a good for a company that only produces ti-83 basic games. Check it out. Our ticalc.org account.

BTW. I think the only reason why we are geeting so much downloads is because we have alot of our games on the homepage saying that they are newly uploaded. lol once they are off the homepage we will continue to get only about 400=500 donloads per week again Sad
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 07:10:30 am    Post subject:

Good job OLS team, now we just gotta make a United-Ti account and compete Laughing
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 09:07:18 am    Post subject:

lol, If UTI does make a ticalc.org My software will be in it. But that would be hot. We would own in downloads because there is so many UTI members. Its something to think about.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 09:38:44 am    Post subject:

Good job Outer Limit Software!

I'd prefer to think quality is more respected than quantity.

I mean if UTI's programs got popular (as in a lot of downloads) wouldn't you rather have it that people download them because their friends say "Wow, dude, this game is so rad! You gotta download it mate!" or because there simply are a lot of programs to download.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2003 09:39:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 10:47:47 am    Post subject:

Screw TiCalc.Org, It could become UnitedTi.Org!!
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 08:20:21 am    Post subject:

I dunno...it would take some unbelieveable to knock ticalc.org off the top calc site spot...
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 08:21:42 am    Post subject:

Yeah it would be cool though, and my aching fingers would have to type two extra letters! Very Happy
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 01:39:01 pm    Post subject:

ticalc.org is impossibly hard to use. There is little to no explanation of the programs, and they don't even check to see if the quality is good. According to recent news, they have over 30000 files! That is rediculus. We will destroy them with our quality programs!

Last edited by Guest on 31 Aug 2003 09:42:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 02:38:10 pm    Post subject:

lol hahahaha. I know they should seriously downsize there programs. I mean at least get rid of the ones from like 1995 and stuff. I think it would be smart to increase the speed of their site and their webspace.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 02:11:44 pm    Post subject:

For my site, I use all the programs I'm submited and send them to other members to use as well. If we all like them, they go up on the site. Otherwise, I send an "I'm sorry, but..." letter to the submiter, stating exactly why the program didn't make the cut. </rant>
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 02:51:29 pm    Post subject:

We can beat http://ticalc.org in quality but not quantity.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 06:30:38 pm    Post subject:

Quality is all that matters. What good is 100 semi-ok programs compared to 10 great ones?
AndrewT
Outer Limit Software

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 08:50:52 pm    Post subject:

GO OLS !!! WOO HOO !! Ticalc needs to do some house cleaning or something. A lot of programs in there BASIC archive don't even need to be there. It just makes it take forever to load and I think people making quality BASIC programs are being robbed of downloads because I think most people at least on 56k hate to wait for the page to load because I know I do. And on top of that there's like a million programs in there? We should start a protest. I don't have any ideas how but if someone thinks of something we could make a difference...
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 10:16:52 pm    Post subject:

Maybe a boycott mixed with spam. For the spam, you could have the title of the message BE the message, since they won't read the actuall message anyway. Short, less than 10 words, and more than 500 messages, and they should get the point. Chain-mail a message to everyone you know that uses ticalc.org to stop using it, and then instruct them to do the same.
AndrewT
Outer Limit Software

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 02:27:27 pm    Post subject:

Where's the devil smiley when you need it.

I'll just say Mad + Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 28 Aug 2003 02:29:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
yugniht

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 04:39:25 pm    Post subject:

JACstudios_ceo wrote:
Maybe a boycott mixed with spam. For the spam, you could have the title of the message BE the message, since they won't read the actuall message anyway. Short, less than 10 words, and more than 500 messages, and they should get the point. Chain-mail a message to everyone you know that uses ticalc.org to stop using it, and then instruct them to do the same.

ticalc.org's not that bad. It's an easy way for Joe Blow the unknown programmer to get his work seen by anyone. As far as speed, it's pretty fast for me. And just think of that odd program you might need one day that's only at ticalc. If they cleaned it up, you might lose a lot of useful programs found only, or at least very easily, at ticalc.

The only thing I don't like about ticalc is their search engine, it just plain sucks! It's slow and misses a lot of stuff.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 05:19:42 pm    Post subject:

yugniht wrote:
And just think of that odd program you might need one day that's only at ticalc.  If they cleaned it up, you might lose a lot of useful programs found only, or at least very easily, at ticalc.

The point of having them clean it up is to make sure that ONLY those programs are there.
yugniht

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 07:53:12 pm    Post subject:

I meant the oddball program that doesn't get that many downloads and might be from 1995, but one day, you might need it and ticalc.org might be the only place that has it. Some things, like basic OSs ( I just don't see the point ), should be removed.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 31 Aug 2003 09:42:21 pm    Post subject:

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter if the program isn't popular or new. All that matters is the quality of the actual program. Even IF it's from 1995 (how is that possible now?) and has 1 download, that's no reason to instantly say it's a bad program. It may just need some exposure, which it can't get if it's burried under 29,999 other programs.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 09:06:26 am    Post subject:

Hey! basic OSs are fine, if they use Asm utils, and aren't hardcoded.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement