This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. NimbusOS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> NimbusOS

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 01:42:28 am    Post subject:

What is RigView?
John Barrus

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 09:48:41 am    Post subject:

It's a PC program that allows you to take any picture (96x64--color or b/w) and it will output an .8xp. When run on the calculator, it shows the picture in grayscale. I thought it was pretty cool, since I could put grayscale pictures of myself on my calculator.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 12:30:50 pm    Post subject:

it really is a calculator program to display the pics made by the pc program, and in ALMOST perfect grayscale! the pc program can also create self running programs to display a grayscale pic until key press...

EDIT

i just thought about it, and it is better than ducks routines! and no interuppts! it has 256 (including 0) different Sync settings... WOW! PERFECT GRAYSCALE!

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2003 12:33:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Job the GameQuitter

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 01:08:49 pm    Post subject:

I disagree, it's not "better". It can only be used for still pictures (or theoretically a short animation), and you can't execute any other instructions while using this program. Duck's routines actually allow you to use sprites, do other stuff, etc. while having greyscale graphics.

EDIT: Okay, I'll put in some nuances. In some cases, you're better of with this program, in others (read: most games) you're better of with Duck's routines.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2003 01:10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 02:07:27 pm    Post subject:

actually, if u read the source files that came with the program, u can use it for sprites! u just have to use a different routine... and u would have to have at least Jbirk's level of asm knowlege...

EDIT

download RigView here : Paul's TI-Calculator Downloads

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jun 2003 02:20:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Job the GameQuitter

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 05:26:05 pm    Post subject:

Okay, you got a point there, but you missed mine Laughing. What I mean was that RigView takes up all the "CPU-power"when running; you can't run any other routines while displaying greyscale. This is why Duck's routines are interrupts.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 08:27:25 pm    Post subject:

ahh, and u cant use interuppts while using the RigView Routines, or
Quote:
All H*** will break loose
he said that himself in one of his comments in the script Laughing
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 02:39:23 pm    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
That seems a little unusual.  Most of us hate it when the summer is over.

if something as good as nimbus is coming out at the end of the summer, i cant wait for the summer to end.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 15 Jun 2003 04:07:25 am    Post subject:

Wait until you get into college. You will find seasons meaningless because you have classes if you sign up for classes.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 Jun 2003 08:57:43 pm    Post subject:

Well one thig is for certain, nimbus having libs that mirage doesnt, will cause developers to deveop for us, who will then create numbus games. I think that should cause more numbus users.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 03:53:45 am    Post subject:

Well, I am going to write at least two libraries.

LCD routines:
1. Clear Screen Fast
2. Invert Screen Fast
3. Put tile map Fast

Maybe a good one would be _nimbstandby or _nimbsuspend to turn off the calculator until on is pressed.

Perhaps a contrast changing library would be good. Hmm, we could even make NimbusOS return to the correct contrast on exit.

Eventually (not APP1), the plan will be to make users Never have to leave NimbusOS.

I think a built in prog editor would be nice, but that would take a hudge amout of coding and debugging, so I doubt that will ever be done.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 06:09:14 am    Post subject:

never leave nimbus? how would that work?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 03:09:35 pm    Post subject:

have an equation solver built in, and such!

will it run apps as well eventually?
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 04:11:29 pm    Post subject:

62_52_53_53's dictionary:

Monopoly: any group which produces the vast majority of any given type of thing or provides the vast majority of any given type of service. If the given type of thing requires something else, and the group that makes the "something else" produces the vast majority of given type of thing, both the group that makes the "something else" and the group which makes the second highest quantity of the given type of thing are monopolies.

Therefore, TI and DS are both monopolies. Challenging a monopoly is inherently good, but a monopoly is not inherently bad unless the monopoly uses the fact of it being a monopoly to remain a monopoly or gain something else.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Jun 2003 03:17:47 am    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
have an equation solver built in, and such!

will it run apps as well eventually?

Well, we have made no plans to runn apps from NimbusOS, and as a matter of fact, I already know how to run apps. It is the returning to NimbusOS after running the app that is confusing.

I think the safest method may be to launch NimbusOS anytime TI-OS would become active because this would ensure that NimbusOS continues to run.

Still, people will need to exit app1 to do tasks such as math, and if we ever did make NimbusOS an app in which the user could fulfil all the tasks from without exiting, we would still have the option to exit.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 09:22:33 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of having it running all the time. Almost liek some sub program. How do you se up programs that run in the backround all the time,? Does it have to do with interrupts?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Jun 2003 09:43:51 pm    Post subject:

ya, i would guess so... if u set up an interuppt that whenever the homescreen came into power, then it would go to Nimbus instantly...
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 01:29:08 am    Post subject:

No, you would not use interrupts to do that. You would use a home hook a.k.a cxmain hook.

Also, you would have to check the status of the basic prog running flag because you would not want to return to nimbus everytime a basic program displays the homescreen :|

Interruts are used to run things in the background; however, in actuallity the interrupt is called every once in a while, so it is not running at the same time as the program you are running.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 11:12:26 am    Post subject:

ya, that would be a crappy prgm if u did a ClrHome in basic and it went into Nimbus!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 02:32:54 pm    Post subject:

Do not worry because we have made sure that will not happen.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 11 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement