This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
xanthipos

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 07:39:11 am    Post subject:

My Ti-89 until yesterday was working just fine with my pc .I tried to add some files but the pc cant find the device.I reinstall ticonnect nothing changed.
I also clean ti89 memory.The calculator works just fine.The connection with the pc is the problem.I also try to connect to another pc with vista 64
also vista cant recognize the device.I finally make a clean xp 32 sp3 installation to an old Harddrive.Now when i plug the device to a usb port the windows can recognize that i connect a usb devise
but i have the message that the hardware might have a problem.Also if i try to reconnect to the same port the for second time the windows will not recognize the device.( i tried with two different cables original usb black cable,and another from another device.)

(sorry for my english)
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 07:13:09 pm    Post subject:

Try reinstalling the drivers. They can be located in Program Files\TI Education\Driver Files.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Jul 2010 08:29:40 am; edited 1 time in total
xanthipos

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 04:13:46 am    Post subject:

How i can exactly manual reinstall drivers?? I dont think i can locate the calculator in the device manager.
Galandros

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 04:13:06 pm    Post subject:

xanth wrote:
How i can exactly manual reinstall drivers?? I dont think i can locate the calculator in the device manager.

Maybe you can only see in the device manager when calculator is connected? Not really sure but see if works.
xanthipos

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 05:13:39 pm    Post subject:

I cant when i plug the calculator windows can recognize that i connect a usb devise(right corner) and then i have message that the hardware has a problem the weird think is that if i connect the calculator in the same usb the windows cant recognize for a second time the calculator i have to change port(and i cant find any new entry in device manager something reasonable since there does not even install the device ).Probably the calculator has problem right?
The frustrating is that the calculator works just fine the problem is the connection with the pc.Is there anything i can do directly to the device to fix this??

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jun 2009 05:22:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
xanthipos

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 03:51:42 pm    Post subject:

I fixed it actually i had to restore the OS.although i have to restore every time the OS if i want to add files

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2009 04:50:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement