So now I've tried three separate ways to swap a program from RAM into UserRAM ($9D95), and each works on VTI and the TI Flash Debugger, while crashing on a real TI-83+. I have finally discovered that I have been forgetting to decrement bc (program size) twice to account for the ASM token ($BB,$6D), so I hope that if I fix this and debug why the VAT is being corrupted, I can make it sucessfully not crash on the real calculator. I'll post more when I have tried this and have results (or lack thereof).
In other news, The Cemetech program archives have passed 1,000 downloads since early December, and there are now 61 Cemetech members. My ticalc.org downloads are nearing 375,000.