https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWm4pJUfy90

Realized it might be interesting to see how much faster the unreleased prototypes were when running BASIC programs compared to the older CEs and the CSE, so I ran the Red Alert program I made, and you can really tell a difference. Video is only 10 seconds long, nothing overly special beyond how fast things move.
That is wild!
The CE marketing sample on the right just has the standard rev M+ speed, as far as I know (new flash, cache etc, see DrDnar's recent rant post that goes into the details)
Adri: I figured as much, but it is still fun/interesting to see in action. Smile
Oh, sure Smile
I guess it just shows how crazy slow the CSE was compared to what were used to seeing now...
The difference between the CSE and Revision M really is something, especially for something graphically intensive. Thanks for posting this, tifreak8x! If you do any further research on the relative speeds of BASIC commands/programs, I'd be interested.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours