So, I have that, what do you think about it being the cursor to select the projects?
Great choice for the cursor, really does show emphasis on the selected project. What is bytes equivalent to?
Sadly didn't make much headway today, got busy with a laptop and trying to remove viruses. :/

So the cursor moves now. I'm not sure I'll worry too much about restricting movement, mainly because I'm not sure how easily that will be done yet. I'm thinking on it, but since a person can have anywhere from 0 to 27 properties, it will be difficult, to say the least. At least, that's what I think, because I'm unfocused and exhausted. I might figure out something on how to make it work, who knows.
Hmm you can have the projects blank if they don't exist so thy way you don't have to deal with hiding them and having different cursor restriction
Hmmm... Maybe a matrix that stores values for each property, and if, say, [A](2,2)=0, then the cursor would skip that property?
gaventemples31415 wrote:
Hmmm... Maybe a matrix that stores values for each property, and if, say, [A](2,2)=0, then the cursor would skip that property?
Or to step back a bit, how are the properties already stored? I'm sure that would be relatively straightforward to exploit for the cursor movement. Smile
It's stored in a list of 40, to more easily correspond with the fact there are 40 slots on the board. I generate another list based on the iPart( of elements that correspond to player value. Which is how I generate the screen currently.

I have an idea on how to restrict the cursor, just need to sit down and have time to futz with it. It will involve determining how many rows there are, and how many are on the last row, so it knows what to restrict by. Seems like a solid enough plan, anyways.
So, I'm bringing this back to life, hopefully I can find it within me to get this project done before school lets out. Mostly just a personal goal, I'm not sure this project will be all that favored by the typical student.

Anyways, I'm working out how to restrict the cursor on where it can move, and I've gotten a good start on it. Instead of using 10 columns for the blocks, I've bounced it back to 9. This should help with an algorithm to limit not only rows, but columns. Working that out now, but here's what it looks like if a player has all the properties:

Woo! Way to go tifreak! That screenshot looks amazing!

Very Happy

Anyways, an issue I'm having is, a user will never really have every property, or at least, one would expect not. That being the case, I need to set up something that limits where the cursor can go. Or do I need to really worry about it? Some of the older games didn't bother with doing that, it just let you roam the menu area whether there were clickable items or not..

Thoughts guys?
tifreak8x wrote:
Woo! Way to go tifreak! That screenshot looks amazing!

Very Happy
If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone was frustrated that no one commented on his spiffy screenshot. Wink It does indeed look amazing, and I'm happy that you're getting this project underway again.

tifreak8x wrote:
Anyways, an issue I'm having is, a user will never really have every property, or at least, one would expect not. That being the case, I need to set up something that limits where the cursor can go. Or do I need to really worry about it? Some of the older games didn't bother with doing that, it just let you roam the menu area whether there were clickable items or not..

Thoughts guys?
I'd say you should be able to move the cursor only to the properties you own, skipping the ones that you don't. In fact, I feel like I wrote you a routine to do this for another project, but I can't remember which. Smile
It only displays the projects that are tied to the player, it runs a quick loop to look for iPart(propertyvalue) in each list element, of 40. That way it removed the possibility of selecting another player's property for anything.

Also, yes, I was being sarcastic :p Trying to cheer myself on and such. lol
Ok, so the dots are indicating the number of houses? Why not use 0-4? Also there should be some indicator on what "project" the cursor is at.

BTW: is this now for TI84C or what? Or are you dual programming? Very Happy
Very nice, tifreak! Looking pretty spiffy! Nice work, and good luck! Smile
I'm not sure how I missed all the posts on this last year! I used to love Monopoly so much, so I look forward to this. It's looking great so far Smile
So, rekindling this project. Should I create a new topic?

As it stands right now, the code was set up to utilize DCS/Celtic functions on the CSE, so I'm going to have to check in on what those functions were and see if I can replicate it in some fashion, or maybe convince a certain Iambian to get a CE version of Celtic up and running :p

Still poking along in C, not as far as I'd like, but I'd like to finish this project off in BASIC and have it done, and maybe even make a C port of it, at some point.
I vote keep the same topic, it's nice to have the history in one thread.
Yeah, I can agree with that. Smile

Got to looking, and there's no easy way of replacing functions that DCS 8 gave. I'll probably try to use this as a platform to spring from to learn C, we'll see how that goes.
I can't wait till its release! There is an other Monopoly game for CE buts it is in French, and I don't understand french. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours