Hi,
I have a problem with transferring Basic programs from SourceCoder to jsTIfied. The emulator itself is running fine with my TI84+ dump. Also, SourceCoder reports that the file-transfer from Coder to Emulator is successful. However, when I check the emulator (PRGM), the program is listed under a strange bunch of Greek characters, and not at all the name I gave it. And when I execute it, only a string of trigonometric functions emerge. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Dagfinn

PS. I have tried this on a couple of machines using several browsers with the same result.
I am not certain what is causing your issue, but you might want to make sure the correct program type is selected.

It is also possible that the problem is caused by something in your code, so it may be helpful to post that for us to look over.
The code is simple enough: Disp "Hello you!"

I have also double-checked the program type.

However, when I created my ROM-image I used rom8x combined with the OS I found here:
https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/details/en/B7DADA7FD4AA40CE9D7911B004B8C460/ti84plusoperatingsystem

May this OS cause a disturbance, for instance with respect to the character set?
You probably typed in a lowercase program name. Make sure the program name is all caps, a la "HIWORLD".
Thanks, it worked with the CAPS!

SourceCoder looks great, I look forward to using it Smile
KermMartian wrote:
You probably typed in a lowercase program name. Make sure the program name is all caps, a la "HIWORLD".

Isn't this something you could force with PHP's strtoupper() function? Or something similar in javascript? Or is there a reason behind this?
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Isn't this something you could force with PHP's strtoupper() function? Or something similar in javascript? Or is there a reason behind this?

JavaScript strings have a .toUpperCase() method, so this should definitely be possible. You could probably do something like this to format the string:

Code:
name = name.toUpperCase().substring(0, Math.min(8, name.length));
There are a number of reasons not to do that, including names that include "theta".

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours