FrozenFire49 wrote:
It seems that the only projects of mine that this issue occurs is "PVPCRAFT",its older backup "PVP", and the version of the game that's in the Cemetech Archives. Besides those programs, I don't know how else you could replicate it.
When I look at the raw contents of the saved project, I see that the first program has the literal name "c-PCRAFT". Please open the project and check what the program name of that first program appears to be.
In the program, it reads "Program: PVPCRAFT", and it is also correct when opening a project in SC3. I've tried changing the name, and the first two characters are always "c-". The funny thing is that it is happening to the version in the Archives, where I'm sure the name is correct in the file, but it is changed once loaded onto SC3.
This is awesome! I didn't realize how integrated/interfaceable this was going to be.

Do you expose and web services for any of this, so that other tools can integrate with it via web-requests?

When I (someday) finish my Antelope language, would you consider interfacing with that, too? (I'm going to expose most aspects of the compiler as a java class library, e.g. parsing, manipulating/verifying syntax trees, exposing compiled/interpreted output in a modular way, etc.)
FrozenFire49 wrote:
In the program, it reads "Program: PVPCRAFT", and it is also correct when opening a project in SC3. I've tried changing the name, and the first two characters are always "c-". The funny thing is that it is happening to the version in the Archives, where I'm sure the name is correct in the file, but it is changed once loaded onto SC3.
I need to figure out why this is happening, as I'm currently baffled.

shkaboinka wrote:
This is awesome! I didn't realize how integrated/interfaceable this was going to be.

Do you expose and web services for any of this, so that other tools can integrate with it via web-requests?
I do have an API, but it's only used internally by SC3. I might expose it if people show me good reasons why it would be worthwhile.

Quote:
When I (someday) finish my Antelope language, would you consider interfacing with that, too? (I'm going to expose most aspects of the compiler as a java class library, e.g. parsing, manipulating/verifying syntax trees, exposing compiled/interpreted output in a modular way, etc.)
That depends partially on whether I decide to add ASM support to SourceCoder 3, and thus create a way to run an assembler daemon to assemble users' projects.

Completed:
[X] Added ability to save and load settings
[X] Toggleable indentation, syntax highlighting, command hinting?
[X] DOM Storage-saved preferences for above?

Known Bugs:
[X] Argument hint window not disappearing on [ESC]
[ ] Can't properly re-export .8xi/.8ci/.8ca as part of project
[ ] "c-" prefix on PVPCRAFT?
[ ] Syntax coloring does not currently get disabled when requested

Feature requests:
[ ] Track original type for Pic/Image files and allow storing in project
[ ] Add Add File button in edit view
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Indentation (toggleable?)
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
I need to figure out why this is happening, as I'm currently baffled.
I thought it was something in the code that was messing it up, but after splitting the program up, I've found out that it happens to all four newly created programs in the project, including one that I've created from scratch. I'm currently as baffled as you are, but hopefully this new info will help you track it down.
Do you have any other TI-84+CSE games? Does it happen to them too?
I've tested all of the programs I have, including all test programs, and the programs in the PVPCRAFT project, both old and new, are the only programs that this happens to.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
I've tested all of the programs I have, including all test programs, and the programs in the PVPCRAFT project, both old and new, are the only programs that this happens to.
I've figured this out. It's converting "PV" to the finance variable PV. You could name it "P\VPCRAFT" and this problem will not occur, or I could find a way to change how variable names are tokenized. This same problem would occur if you named your program "GREEN" or something.

Completed:
[X] Syntax coloring does not currently get disabled when requested

Known Bugs:
[ ] "c-" prefix on PVPCRAFT? -> Identified, not solved.

Feature requests:
[ ] Loop-counting
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
I've figured this out. It's converting "PV" to the finance variable PV. You could name it "P\VPCRAFT" and this problem will not occur, or I could find a way to change how variable names are tokenized. This same problem would occur if you named your program "GREEN" or something.
That makes sense. So does that also mean I will have to put a slash in the strings that det(11 uses to open up the programs?
FrozenFire49 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
FrozenFire49 wrote:
That makes sense. So does that also mean I will have to put a slash in the strings that det(11 uses to open up the programs?
Yes, it does. Out of curiosity, does it syntax-color the "PV" differently, or I guess since it's in a string, it will still be the same green color.
It's green with the rest of the string, and I think that this will solve the error that has been occurring with it.

KermMartian wrote:
Feature requests:
[ ] Loop-counting

KermMartian wrote:
- Code-searching: Definitely need that.
Bump
Thanks for the reminder on that.

Known Bugs:

Feature requests:
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Toggleable indentation
[ ] Code-searching -> Note to self to use http://codemirror.net/demo/search.html with a dialog system build on my current dialog engine for searching
[ ] Popup hint on entering variable name box
*bump* Implemented the search add-on for CodeMirror, which allows CTRL-F for find, CTRL-G for find next, and a few keys for replace and replace all. I also added the MatchHighlighter plugin, which will highlight matching strings when you select something. The latter is a feature I like in Notepad++ that I think is a good addition to SourceCoder 3.

Completed
[X] Code-searching -> Note to self to use http://codemirror.net/demo/search.html with a dialog system build on my current dialog engine for searching
[X] matchHighlighter

Known Bugs:
[ ] Sprite editor open dialog does not disappear when you type a non-sprite character.

Feature requests:
[ ] Loop-counting
[ ] Toggleable indentation
[ ] Popup hint on entering variable name box
By the way, when I reopened my PVPCRAFT project this morning, the slashes between P and the V had been removed in the names of all the programs that needed the slash.
FrozenFire49 wrote:
By the way, when I reopened my PVPCRAFT project this morning, the slashes between P and the V had been removed in the names of all the programs that needed the slash.
Ah, because I of course store the tokenized names. That is rather unfortunate, but it just means that I will definitely need to implement the more limited tokenizer for variable names.
Could SourceCoder support "large" images instead of assuming they won't fit ? I wanted to convert a 96x256 image into hex and make a program that scrolls through that image, but SourceCoder refused.
If I'm not mistaken the initial limitation to the size was not to make sure they fit but to mostly reduce load on our previous shared hosting provider as it's a smaller impact to the CPU than a larger image.

Now that we've been on our dedicated server for some time Kerm might feel comfortable to increase the size of supported pictures but that depends entirely on him. If he doesn't implement it you can always break it into parts and string the hex together after the fact right?
Just a feature request

Could SourceCoder save the language you set your project files to? Its not extremely important, just something I find slightly tedious to do when I need to change the language to Axe or something other than the default TI Basic for every file in a project.
GinDiamond wrote:
Just a feature request

Could SourceCoder save the language you set your project files to? Its not extremely important, just something I find slightly tedious to do when I need to change the language to Axe or something other than the default TI Basic for every file in a project.
In general it will already set the type of each file correctly when you load it. If you find an exception, please let me know, as that's a bug.
Here is a screenshot of when I open my Axe project up in SourceCoder 3:

It should be detected as Axe, unless I need to put in a special header?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours