RascalJack wrote:
PT_ wrote:
When I do have a standalone "Pause ", it don't get converted as one token, but the tokens "P", "a" etc.

Use Pause + a Space. Then it will convert to a Token.

EDIT: when I have Pause + a space, and the next line starts with //, it don't convert to a token.

Thanks for mentioning that. Unfortunately, there's no good way to solve that on my end, but we can solve it on your end: add the new token delineator (the backslash, \) after "Pause ".

Current known/to-do bug list:
[ ] Tab can't be pressed at the beginning of lines even with indentation disabled
[ ] First character of files disappears when a project is opened
I found a new bug: when you do have "While 1" after a Delvar <variable>, indentation doesn't work.
This isn't really a bug, just a minor annoyance. The layout of the layout of SourceCoder 3 makes it impossible to see the bottom of a program and the controls at the top simultaneously because the work space is always nearly the height of the browser window. No matter how far I zoom out, the text area takes up the entire page.

Additionally, opening jSTified covers up the menu to switch between files, the HTML and BBCode buttons, the token index, and a large portion of the scroll bar.

In order to improve the feel, flow, and look of the UI, and to make more of the navigation first-class citizens, I have moved the file-within-project selection out of its menu. Specifically, the variables you have open in a project are now visible as Notepad++-style tabs on top of the editing area, and you can click between them to switch files. This will also simplify the next item on my agenda, changing the layout code to not use Javascript to manually set a bunch of divs' widths. By the way, did you know that modern CSS is a pain in the neck? Only flexboxes saved me from getting the icon, delete button, and variable name vertically-centered relative to each other inside the tabs, and adjusting the delete button itself was no trivial task.

Edit: Opinion time! When jsTIfied is half-pulled out, do you want it to overlay the editor, or push the editor to the side so that both the calculator and the full editor are visible?
Looks nice! I would vote to have both be visible.
I vote too for both be visible. Otherwise you always have to pull in and pull out when you're editing, I guess.
Thanks for the feedback, guys! In other news, many hours of struggling with CodeMirror got indentation corrected (and made initial characters no longer get deleted). Please confirm.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, guys! In other news, many hours of struggling with CodeMirror got indentation corrected (and made initial characters no longer get deleted). Please confirm.

It works, both. Good work, Kerm!
Yay! That's great news Smile
I'm not sure this is a bug, but it is the only reason I use TI Connect instead of Source Coder.

TI Connect:

Source Coder:
You have used the Stats letters for lowercase letters to save space, which is a great technique. TI-Connect doesn't have a way to show you that those are the special Stats letters. If you just type out the letters normally, the program will still work, but each lowercase letter will be 2 bytes.
KermMartian wrote:
You have used the Stats letters for lowercase letters to save space, which is a great technique. TI-Connect doesn't have a way to show you that those are the special Stats letters. If you just type out the letters normally, the program will still work, but each lowercase letter will be 2 bytes.

I did? Okay then. I just typed them all out in TI Connect, and when I tried it in source coder it looked like that.
andressevilla wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I did? Okay then. I just typed them all out in TI Connect, and when I tried it in source coder it looked like that.

Interesting that TI-Connect helps you save space like that. so nice to users.
Actually, since TI Connect is aimed at students and teachers, it probably does that assuming that they'd be writing math programs before they'd be writing games. They'd want the Stats variable letters to come up if they wrote them as part of a math expression.
*bump* As we get ever closer to SourceCoder 3's actual release, I've been trying to spiff up the interface further. I'm close to getting a more responsive, better-laid-out page while removing some of my Javascript-based element sizing, and I'd also overhauled the top menu bar with some spiffy SVG icons. What do you guys think? It isn't live yet, but it will be as soon as I make long lines of text in the editor not push jsTIfied off the page.

One problem I can see, is that when you want to work together with SC and jsTIfied, the buttons of FILE: will be overlayed by jsTIfied. Otherwise it looks good!
PT_ wrote:
One problem I can see, is that when you want to work together with SC and jsTIfied, the buttons of FILE: will be overlayed by jsTIfied. Otherwise it looks good!
Thanks! Actually, when you pull jsTIfied halfway out now, it pushes SourceCoder over to the side rather than overlapping it. Smile
Yay! that's a great update.
I noticed that the options to create a new "Blank Program" and a new "TI-BASIC Program" really do the same thing. Since there is no actual blank program, this option is probably not necessary since you can change the program type later anyway.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours