That's great! There's no button, just three metal contacts, the bottom two of which were shorted together by a foreign object or by deformation. I'm glad that you were able to fix it.
Yes, so am I!
Now I can begin learning asm and stuff again (I tried a couple of years ago but I got very tired from doing a sitting of several days in a row).
But that's for another thread.
add wrote:
Yes, so am I!
Now I can begin learning asm and stuff again (I tried a couple of years ago but I got very tired from doing a sitting of several days in a row).
But that's for another thread.
Indeed, but we'll be more than happy to help guide you with programming, including assembly. See you around.
Hey guys. I love the internet. My son's calculator was having the same issue and after almost 3 hours or re-loading the OS and finally searching "The Google", I found this forum. I fixed it exactly the same way that "add" fixed his: by poking into the port to pry the contacts apart (without really knowing that I was successful until putting the batteries back in and seeing if I accomplished anything!).

So, almost a year after KermMartian helped diagnose add's problem I was able to use the great walk-through and save my son's TI-84 Plus Silver Edition!!!!!!
mark wrote:
Hey guys. I love the internet. My son's calculator was having the same issue and after almost 3 hours or re-loading the OS and finally searching "The Google", I found this forum. I fixed it exactly the same way that "add" fixed his: by poking into the port to pry the contacts apart (without really knowing that I was successful until putting the batteries back in and seeing if I accomplished anything!).

So, almost a year after KermMartian helped diagnose add's problem I was able to use the great walk-through and save my son's TI-84 Plus Silver Edition!!!!!!

Hooray that you got the calc fixed Smile If you plan on sticking around (which you totally should Razz), introduce yourself in this thread: http://cemete.ch/t4925
I hope to see you around soon Smile
These fixes seem applicable. Hope i dont need to use any of them...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours