Well, I can't imagine I was much help. Once Kllrnohj get's here, I bet he can solve any problem you have. Where is he anyways.... Confused
well, that's ok...

i wish Kerm would make a way to turn that SAX thing off (session based, of course)...
Lol Laughing Yeah, the entire SAX screen is filed with
SAX wrote:
18:38:55 ***Chipmaster has entered the room.
18:38:15 ***kirb has entered the room.
18:37:52 ***jpez has left the room.
18:37:52 ***Kuro has left the room.
18:37:52 ***kirb has left the room.
18:34:33 ***swivelgames has left the room.
18:32:59 ***something1990 has left the room.
18:31:51 ***Kuro has left the room.
18:31:03 ***foamy3 has entered the room.
18:29:16 ***rivereye has entered the room.
18:27:22 ***Kuro has left the room.
18:27:22 ***Kuro has left the room.
18:27:22 ***kirb has left the room.
Nothing but left and entered.
Maybe an option to turn that off and only see messages/new posts?
I agree! It should default to that Good Idea
I think thats an awsome idea. An option to 1)See who is on only 2) to see shouts and new posts only 3) to see both. Sounds good to me.
Hmmm, interesting idea. Tell you what, first I'll fix the multiple sessions thing, then see if you still want that, k?
Chipmaster wrote:
Well, I can't imagine I was much help. Once Kllrnohj get's here, I bet he can solve any problem you have. Where is he anyways.... Confused

eh...you don't want to know Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
well, in the meantime, I've gota get NDISwrapper and stuff installed, since it doesnt recognize my wifi or ethernet...

There might actually not need to use ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper == subpar solution, since more often than not the windows drivers suck). For both me and my friends wifi card there are now native drivers (there weren't 3 months ago) that actually work pretty well. If you give me your cards model number I can look it up

Quote:
a FAT32 and a NTFS (but that doesnt show up period)

I also cant view the partition it's installed on... and I cant edit my config files or use any of the administrative tools... (they all try to start and just... quit)

Adding read support to your NTFS drive (and write to your FAT32 drive) is very easy. Post your '/etc/fstab' file here and I'll add what needs to be changed.

Quote:
I need a distro that actually lets me view my files... (yeah... Ubuntu locked all my drives except one and said only root could view them, but root is disabled in Ubuntu... go figure...)

Root is disabled. 'sudo' is provided instead. (so, for example, to edit the fstab file with full read/write permissions it is 'sudo nano /etc/fstab'. nano is a command line editor, feel free to replace it with the editor of your choice, such as vi, vim, emacs, etc...)
allright, thanks!

assuming i can get realtek drivers and wifi drivers, i'll start posting from linux...
I still can't get wifi drivers for my cards from Linksys. I have a WMP54G and a WPC54G
rivereye wrote:
I still can't get wifi drivers for my cards from Linksys. I have a WMP54G and a WPC54G

Which versions of those cards do you have? There are several open source native drivers for each of those, but they are different depending on the card version
WMP54G V4 and WPC54G V3
rivereye wrote:
WMP54G V4 and WPC54G V3

WMP54G v4: Its in apt. Just install 'rt2500' and 'rt2500-source' and you should be good to go (either in synaptic or as root by typing 'apt-get install rt2500 rt2500-source')

WPC54G v3: ndiswrapper using this driver - ftp://ftp.linksys.com/international/drivers/WPC54G_driver_utility_v3.1.zip

Ndiswrapper is available in apt, but you will also want to install ndisgtk, as it provides a graphical frontend to make things easier ('apt-get install ndisgtk' should be fine, as it will detect ndiswrapper as a dependency and install it too)
um, I use Fedora Core 4 (might upgade to 5 soon)
rivereye wrote:
um, I use Fedora Core 4 (might upgade to 5 soon)

wh00ps - sorry, i'm used to all these linux questions being about Ubuntu, lol

you still need the same stuff tho....just find it in however you get crap for Fedora - they will be under roughly the same name (they were with gentoo anyway)
Fedora uses yum. that is ok, I understand where you are coming from, I forgot to mentiion my distro
I changed to Ubuntu from Fedora Core 5 because it was way to hard to get in the first place, more or less put it on a bootable disc.
WOOHOOO!!!!

I'm making my first Cemetech post from Ubuntu Linux!

hopefully the other library patrons wont be angry... i unplugged the wifi router and used it's ethernet port for my own laptop Wink
So you still haven't gotten the wifi to work. That's too bad... Sad
alex10819 wrote:
WOOHOOO!!!!

I'm making my first Cemetech post from Ubuntu Linux!

hopefully the other library patrons wont be angry... I unplugged the wifi router and used it's ethernet port for my own laptop Wink
Very Happy That doesn't sound like too good of an idea... Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours